Home › Forums › Software Development › [Stream Engine – C#] How to add a library?
Tagged: c++, dot net, Stream Engine
- This topic has 3 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 1 year, 10 months ago by Grant [Tobii].
- 18/05/2021 at 11:00 #20402John MattParticipant
I downloaded a Stream Engine library (Included with header .h files / .dll / .lib and binding files ‘Tobii.StreamEngine.Interop.cs’)
But I have no idea how to add them to my blank C# project. I’m newbie and the documentation is unclear.
– I already added ‘Tobii.StreamEngine.Interop.cs’ into project in same directory with my ‘maincode.cs’. It looks ok, I can use ‘using Tobii.StreamEngine’ in my ‘maincode.cs’ with no error. But the error occured in building process because I don’t add .dll file yet.
– I can’t add ‘tobii_stream_engine.dll’ to project reference, it says “the reference is invalid or unsupported”;
I use VC2019.
What should I do?
thank you.18/05/2021 at 13:53 #20407Grant [Tobii]Keymaster
Hi @i1-dev, as you are new to the project, then we recommend that you use instead the Tobii Interaction Library which you can download @ https://developer.tobii.com/product-integration/interaction-library/
which contains a number of walkthroughs and tutorials with sample code for C# as described @ https://developer.tobii.com/product-integration/interaction-library/getting-started/
Please check it out and let us know you get on. Best Wishes.18/05/2021 at 14:42 #20409John MattParticipant
Many thanks for your suggestion.
I have downloaded an Interaction Library and I found a same problem.
It contains many header files and .dll files and I don’t know how to add it into my project.
The tutorials and walkthrough give me a good and clear coding examples, I like it.
But the trouble I faced is I am newbie on DotNet platform and VC2019, then I am stuck on project setup.
– What is a correct/valid project structure or dependency? Where I should to put a library files?
– Do I need to add a header files in C#? / How can I do it? / Which .h file I need to add it? (There are a lot and make me confuse.)
– Is there another project environment setups that I need to deal with?
My teacher is no experience on this platform too, and a people around me too. So they can’t give me an advice.
Thank you for your help.19/05/2021 at 14:24 #20419Grant [Tobii]Keymaster
Hi @i1-dev, I am afraid your request falls outwith the scope of this forum which is created for the support of developers and users of the Tobii Eye Tracking hardware and software. We provide extensive tutorials and sample code to allow users to get up and running with their tracker using our SDK offerings.
However, to learn how to start programming for beginners in .NET, we would recommend one of the numerous free courses available online such as
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.