Home Forums Unity SDK The State of The Unity SDK

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Brock Henderson
    Participant

Hi

I’m curious about the state of the Unity SDK? I ask because I recently purchased your 5 unit with the intention of adding eye tracking support to a game I’m working on and there seems to be problem after problem. First of all, the first four links in the readme don’t work. Next, the asset I downloaded from the Unity Store says its 4.0.4 and yet the readme says 3.0 (beta). The next set of problems comes when I try to run the demo scenes in the editor. They seem to work when I build them into an executable but a lot of the time in the editor the scenes don’t function properly. I’m a little at a loss on how bad my experience has been so far. Is the Unity SDK still being supported?

Grant [Tobii]
    Keymaster

Hi @brock, sorry to hear about your troubles and thank you for letting us know about these specific issues. The latest release 4.0.5 of the Unity SDK has fixed the readme but we are aware of some visual bugs when using it in unity 2019-2020.

This can be downloaded @ https://developer.tobii.com/pc-gaming/unity-sdk/getting-started/

I have spoken to the developer responsible for Unity development and he has asked that you kindly reach out to him directly on Discord @ alex8b#9170
    and he will try to assist in resolving the remaining problems.

Thanks for your patience and best wishes.

Brock Henderson
    Participant

Thank you for your response. Friend request sent.

Brock Henderson
    Participant

The link on the getting started page downloads 4.0.4 which has the broken links. Let me know when the link is updated.

Grant [Tobii]
    Keymaster

Hi, the download links have now been updated. Kindly get the latest Unity SDK for desktop @ https://developer.tobii.com/software-downloads/

董世豪
    Participant

We hope to integrate Tobii into some of our company’s unity products to improve playability. At present, we need to carry out some technical tests, but we haven’t obtained the license to download

Grant [Tobii]
    Keymaster

Hi @q384902872, please send me your email address used to register for the download and I will enquire on your behalf. Best Wishes.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.