Home Forums Eye Tracking Devices Tobii 4C, calibration for glasses

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Vitaliy
    Participant

Good afternoon.
    Recently acquired Tobii 4c.
    Used to display eye movement on a twitch.
    I really like this opportunity.
    But I came across a very pleasant feature.

I wear glasses and the device gives adequate accuracy only in the center of the screen. On the sides, above and below, the device is annoyingly inaccurate.
    The distance to the monitor and the angle are recommended, the monitor is 23 inches (less than 27 not recommended).
    Actually the question is, is there any way to somehow fix this?

I saw a similar topic in readiness (it seems), they discussed advanced calibration, with which it was possible to improve the tracking accuracy, but the topic was old and there were no source codes.

Maybe someone came across this and saw possible solutions? Because, the built-in calibration system looks very simple, and it only works on my relatives who don’t wear glasses. Perhaps there is a way to adjust the calibration?

Grant [Tobii]
    Keymaster

Hi @darthvetal, sorry to hear about your troubles in calibrating with the 4C.

Are you aware that from within the Tobii System Tray Icon, you can click on your profile name to bring up the profiles menu and click “Improve calibration”.
    This is recommended if you use the tracker in different lighting environments, also If you wear glasses or lenses sometimes, it’s recommended to make two separate profiles.

Please do try this and and let us know how you get on. I am afraid beyond this feature, there is no further software fixes for low calibration accuracy. Beyond that, you need to look at lighting conditions in your local environment… please ensure there are no strong sources of IR light in the room such as a spotlight or open window to the side or behind the eye tracker. How is the accuracy of the device for other users? have you tested?

Vitaliy
    Participant

Of course I tried to “improve the calibration.” I tried with different lighting and tried to specifically take into account the angle of deviation in the corners during calibration. But to no avail.

I tried to calibrate the relatives, everything is fine with them and more or less accurately in the corners. (they don’t wear glasses)

Okay, thanks for the answer.
    Apparently, I have to wait for the release of new models)

Grant [Tobii]
    Keymaster

Sorry to hear about your experiences, still it might be worth experimenting at calibrating in other rooms to see if perhaps there are possibly environmental factors responsible.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.