Home Forums Eye Tracking Devices Tobii 4c calibration inaccurate

Tagged: 

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    S. R. Haddon
    Participant

I have a new Tobii 4c. Despite recalibrating it over and over again, the focus point is persistently and consistently about 2cm too high. This means that, for example, aiming by gaze is always off, I cannot cover a cursor over where I am actually looking, etc.

While I realize that pixel-perfect resolution is not possible, is there any way to manually adjust this to make the device useful? If not, I will likely be returning it. Thank you!

S. R. Haddon
    Participant

Apologies! I did not realize this was a developer’s forum. Please ignore me.

Grant [Tobii]
    Keymaster

Hi @meshwesh,we are here to help with all sorts of issues, so I’m happy to try and assist 🙂 Sorry to hear about your troubles.. have you already tried going through the ‘improve calibration’ option via the Tobii System Tray Icon? (available if you click your username)

It would also be worth making sure the tracker is not facing any sources of Infrared light such as an openwindow or spotlight, so worth having a look at your environement.

Have you tried calibrating with another user to see if the problem persists? Would be useful to know this as well.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.