Home Forums Eye Tracking Devices Tobii 4C Eye Tracker on Linux

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Axtux
    Participant

Thanks for your fast answer. I finally reached this page but it wasn’t easy to understand products/sowftwares/licences. I’ll try it and let you know ๐Ÿ˜‰

Grant [Tobii]
    Keymaster

Great! Please report back here with any problems or questions you might have. Best Wishes ๐Ÿ™‚

Axtux
    Participant

Hello,

I managed to control the mouse with eyes with very simple code using the Stream Engine API for Linux. Though, it is not working well. The x coordinate is pretty accurate but the y coordinate is very inaccurate (multiple centimeters). Very little documentation is provided with the framework so I don’t know if this is because of the software being in alpha version or something else. Could you help me?

My setup: I have a 24-inches screen on Ubuntu 18.04. I use the tobii_config software to calibrate the 4C tracker. Maybe I should write the calibration software myself.

When I have time, I’ll try the eye tracker on Windows to see if I get better results.

Regards,
    Axtux

Grant [Tobii]
    Keymaster

Hi @axtux and thanks for your query. Great to hear you got some interesting code and up running… would there be any chance to share this code publically such as Github?

With regards to the accuracy, it is unlikely any issues of accuracy are related to the alpha state of the SDK and are most probably down to calibration issues which you can improve via the Calibration Tool included. However, you may have better luck first calibrating in Windows which has extra options to improve the result.

In addition, it is worth considering environmental factors such as strong light sources or windows to one side of the eye tracker. Try to have isotropic lighting if possible. In any event, please try improving the calibration first in Linux and then in the Tobii windows tool if necessary and let us know how you get on. Best wishes.

Hector Oliveros
    Participant

I made it work easily in Ubuntu 18.10 x86_64
    Here is the link:
    https://github.com/Eitol/tobii_eye_tracker_linux_installer.git

Grant [Tobii]
    Keymaster

Hi @eitol, awesome thanks so much for sharing, I am sure this will be of good help to users who want to get started on the Stream Engine API. Much appreciated ๐Ÿ™‚

Daniel
    Participant

Hi, I got the calibration provided through the git from @eitol working. What do I have to do to give games like “theHunter call of the wild” access to the tracker? I have a 4c and ubuntu 18.04.
    Kind regards, Danii

Grant [Tobii]
    Keymaster

Hi @danii0206, the above project kindly created by @eitol is designed to access the Tobii Tracker using the Stream Engine API for the purposes of gaze interaction and to develop gaze-enabled eye tracking. The program is not adapted to help with games to access the eye tracking within Linux.

That being said, theHunter call of the wild has full eye tracking support already enabled on Steam Running within Windows

theHunter: Call of the Wild

Accordingly, to enable eye tracking for this game, for the time being only the Windows platform is supported. Apologies for any incovenience.

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.