Home Forums Legacy SDKs Tobii analytics Sdk 3.0 and Fatigue detection

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    an676
    Participant

Hello Team,

I have recently started working with Tobii x2-30 compact sensors.
    I installed Tobii analyticks sdk and my developing paltform is visual stuido using c#.

My questions are
    1. can I use two tobii sensors together in one application?
    2. My main Problem is detect fatigue of the user using tobii sensors, so it would be very hepful if you have any references related to this Problem?

Looking Forward to hear form you.
    Thank you so much in advance.

Sage
    Participant

I’m not sure if you can use two tobii sensors together (at least the x2-30s). I know you cannot use multiple eyex sensors together, but there are several request for this functionality. I assume this is for a multiple monitor usage?

As for fatigue detection, there is a good bit of research on blink rate, eye closure rate (blink duration), and a metric referred to as PERCLOS (percentage of eye closure) that have been shown to correlate with fatigue detection. I’ve not used the analytics SDK, but i’m sure you can pull this metrics out of the data with the provided tools.

an676
    Participant

Thank you for your reply. Yes, it is for multiple Monitor usage.
    I will look into the PERCLOS metric for fatigue.
    Regards
    Anusha

Anders
    Participant

Hi Anusha,
    yes, it should be possible to use two X2-30 with the Analytics SDK. Just be aware that they will probably interfere a little with each other, leading to a few dropped samples now and then. You can try to experiment with the mounting to minimize that.

an676
    Participant

Hi Anders,
    Thank you so much for your reply.
    Is there any Special Parameter that i have to set if i want to use two X2-30 eye trackers?

Other question regarding PERCLOS, From SDK documentation, I came to know that it will give the pupil Diameter.
    Is there any way to calculate blink rate from the Analytics SDK?

Regards,
    Anusha.

an676
    Participant

Hello Anders,
    could you please answer my above questions?
    Looking Forward to hear from you.

Regards,
    Anusha.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.