Home Forums Eye Tracking Devices Tobii Eye Tracking VR – No eye tracker connected

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Jahangir
    Participant

Hello

I’m using a HTC Vive with in-built Tobii Eye Tracking but I am unable to get my computer detecting when the Eye Tracker is connected.

I’ve connected the USB, HDMI cable and power and can see the “EyeChip” device in my device manager but it continues to say “No eye tracker connected” and I am unable to run any of the demos.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Grant [Tobii]
    Keymaster

Hi @jahangir92, sorry to hear about your issues. Please try installing the dedicated drivers for your HTC Vive product from:

https://developer.tobii.com/wp-login.php?redirect_to=/tobii-core-software-vr-download-page

And kindly let us know if the problem persists. Best wishes.

Jahangir
    Participant

Hi Grant

Thank you for your reply!

I’ve already downloaded and installed that dedicated driver but the problem persists.

Grant [Tobii]
    Keymaster

Hi @jahangir92, sorry to hear that.. I have PM’ed you a link for a program to run on your computer which will gather the relevant logs for us to analyse and diagnose your issue.

Please kindly check your messages and we can continue thereafter.

Grant [Tobii]
    Keymaster

Hi @jahangir92, after some analysis it would appear that the problem may result from having multiple versions of the driver software installed on your computer.

Accordingly, we would recommend completely removing all tobii software and drivers (from device manager and elsewhere), restart and reinstall drivers. Failing that, you could try returning to a Windows restore point before any Tobii drivers were installed. Also, out of curiosity, did you try another USB port?

Please let us know how you get on. Best Wishes.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.