Home Forums Eye Tracking Devices Tobii Eyetracker 4C vs laptop with Tobii eyetracker?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    MinxiesDev
    Participant

I’m using the Tobii 4C and very happy with it.

I wonder how the performance on the laptops (e.g. Alienware 17 R5) would compare with the 4C?

I’m buying a laptop solely for eye tracking (it helps significantly with my RSI) and I’m contemplating whether it would be better to go for e.g. an Alienware 17 R5 or another laptop with a 4C bar.

Best,
    James

Grant [Tobii]
    Keymaster

Hi @minxiesdev, thanks for your query. Assuming that you mount the Tobii 4C correctly on your laptop using the guides and magnetic strips provided, you should notice no difference of accuracy or precision between the integrated Alienware eyetracking and peripheral based.

That being said, of course with an integrated solution you have the ease of no cables or removable parts, but in terms of performance and reliability you can be assured of no difference between the two setups.

Should you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to get in touch again. Best wishes.

MinxiesDev
    Participant

Thanks, good to know.

It’s just I saw only one IR light on the laptops, where the 4C has 2. I wonder what the reason for this would be?

Grant [Tobii]
    Keymaster

Hi @minxiesdev, indeed there are hardware differences between the two different eye trackers on board the AlienWare 17 R5 and 4C, but you should not notice any difference of accuracy or usability.

MinxiesDev
    Participant

Brilliant. Thanks for the clarification. Looks like I’ll subsequently be treating myself to an Alienware 17. Have a great new years!

Grant [Tobii]
    Keymaster

Great @minxiesdev! Happy eye tracking for new year 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.