Home Forums Software Development "tobii.eyex.interaction.exe" causing massive slowdowns

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 40 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

hello,
    after setting everything up correctly, i noticed my pc is extremely slow, i checked the task manager but there was not much cpu/memory or harddrive usage at all, i tried closing some processes and after closing “tobii.eyex.interaction.exe” everything went back to normal.
    for now i disabled that process by renaming the exe file, as far as i can see the only things not working because of that .exe missing is the calibration the intro and the gaze trace feature. (maybe more things im not using, i mainly use it for gaming with infinite screen)

im using Windows 10 and a Asmedia USB 3.0 slot, not the best combination i know, but everything else is working i dont even have the initializing issue anymore since i renamed that .exe

Sam Farndale
    Participant

Same issue here, W10 start menu made almost unusable by this .exe when runniing

Grant [Tobii]
    Keymaster

Hi @bennyc500911, @risefromashes, sorry to hear about your issues.

Sam, may I ask what kind of hardware you are using? I would like to see if there is some pattern here.

We have heard similar issues however arising from aggressive antivirus software.

Could you guys try to disable any A/V software running on your system, so see if that is the cause of the problem?

Anonymous
    Inactive

i disabled windows defender, opened the exe again, still massive slowdown.
    i bought a pci-e usb3.0 card i will try that out later
    not hopefull though, it still slows down everything when the eyex is not connected

Sam Farndale
    Participant

Hi @grant-rogers

I run Avast. Disabled it and restarted but it had no effect. Lag still unbearable.

I run a 4790k with 16GB of RAM on Windows 10 Pro 64bit.

The lag is always there but becomes unbearable, basically a full freeze for several seconds, when interacting with Windows components such as the Start Menu or settings app. Simply mousing over the tiles in the start menu causes multi second freezes.

Markus Proell
    Participant

Same here with Symantec Norton 360

Grant [Tobii]
    Keymaster

Hi @bennyc500911, @risefromashes, @xcessity,

If you could kindly ZIP the contents of the folder %localappdata%\Tobii

and provide links for these files for analysis here at Tobii, I will take a look over them
    to see what can be found.

Thank you for your patience.

Sam Farndale
    Participant
    Anonymous
    Inactive
    Grant [Tobii]
    Keymaster

Thanks guys,

May I ask if you all share the same experience that task manager reports no significant increase in CPU, HDD, or memory usage during these slow periods?

Hopefully some positive suggestions soon… might be worth trying the complete removal of AV solutions and disabling is not always fully effective.

Sam Farndale
    Participant

I can confirm that task manager shows no significant increase in any usage.

Anonymous
    Inactive

CPU, RAM and HDD sit around at idle, but everything gets slowed down.

Austin Bond
    Participant

Also having massive slowdowns after a few minutes of the process running. Task manager doesn’t show high CPU usage and everything else appears to be fine

Grant [Tobii]
    Keymaster

A couple of suggestions:

– Within the Windows control panel, under power options, ensure that ‘high performance plan’ is selected

– If this is indeed selected and the slowdown continues, run ‘resmon’ from the start menu and under the CPU tab,
    let me know % Maximum Frequency during slow periods.

I wonder if perhaps your systems are intentionally throttling the CPU due to high temperature load.

If this be the case, use the free tool ‘SpeedFan’ to report in more detail what is happening with the CPU temperature.

Sam Farndale
    Participant

– Windows has always been set to high performance plan

– My CPU frequency shows a very small spike during the slowdown but no real, significant change

– My system is water-cooled and I always monitor temps, the CPU is neither being pushed or throttling in these slow downs. Highest temp these managed to achieve was 40.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 40 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.