Home Forums Software Development "tobii.eyex.interaction.exe" causing massive slowdowns

Tagged: 

Viewing 10 posts - 31 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • Author
    Michael Lehner
    Participant

I currently experience the same. My device is the Tobii 4c. I recently updated the Tobii software, now i experience the same effect. It’s the “Game Hub” software creating the problem, it seems. When i run Elite Dangerous with that enables, all cores of my CPU are constantly at 100%. When i stop the “Game Hub”, all cores are at between 60% and 80%. (According to CPUIDs Hardware Monitor )

When i check out CPU useage with Process Explorer ( https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/ ) Tobii.Service.exe often is listed using over 40% of all CPU time. My computer is set to high performance. Heat tends to be slightly below the save limit during this hot summer, so it also shouldn’t be the issue. The CPU useage of the Game Hub just seems excessive.

Grant [Tobii]
    Keymaster

Hi @sylow, sorry to hear about your issues and thank you for the report. I am currently in contact with the developers to see if this issues has been reported elsewhere and if we can provide some specific guidelines for resolution.

In the meantime, it would be useful if you could check the presence of antivirus software and also whether or not the CPU load is the same for other Games?

I assume that the Tobii Core software itself is not problematic? Thanks for your patience whilst we try to find a solution for you.

Michael Lehner
    Participant

In terms of AntiVirus: there’s stuff active, yes. Of course WindowsDefender is active. Additionally, the ProcessExplorer crosschecks all processes at startup against VirusTotal. In theory i could allow GlassWire to also check all processes against that, but that’s redundant and thus switched off.

On other games, i have checked with GuildWars 2 and with Vermintide. The first one has no EyeTracking support, the GameHub stays around 1.5% of CPU use and the Tobii.EyeX.Engine.Exe also stays around 3% CPU. Vermintide has native support for the eyetracker and doesn’t use the GameHub. With the game running, Tobii.EyeX.Engine.Exe is between 4% and 5%k of CPU use. (I started and stopped the game several times, as i didn’t expect this to happen. But while Vermintide running apparently leads to more activity, below 5% still is no problem, i would say. ) The GameHub, as expected, stays at around 1.5% of CPU use.

Only when i start Elite Dangerous, the GameHub (more exactly: Tobii.Service.exe) starts using a lot of CPU time. If you need more details on something, please let me know.

Grant [Tobii]
    Keymaster

Hi @sylow, okay thanks for the additional information. I have relayed everything now to the developers who are working to reproduce the issue, ideally with a resolution for a forthcoming stable release of the software. Thanks for your patience whilst we try to track down the root of the issue.

Gil
    Participant

Hi,
    the tobii 4c is getting slower as I use it. it does not slow the computer.
    I use it with Dragon NaturallySpeaking, and with other software and is just slow down the window eye tracking features.
    I notice it happens even if I Don’t use Dragon.
    But when I disconnect and reconnect USB it works fine again, until it slowed down again.
    It seemed that there is an issue between the windows ease of use and the eye tracker.

Best regards,
    Gil

Grant [Tobii]
    Keymaster

Hi @gilco, I checked about any known conflicts with Dragon Speaking but I’m afraid nothing currently available. could you kindly clarify what you mean exactly by the eye tracking features slowing down? Can you quantify this by CPU or memory usage of the Tobii application? If you could please provide additional information, we will do our best to see if this issue can be reproduced here in house and hopefully find you a solution. Many thanks.

Samuel Engelman
    Participant

Any updates on this? I’m experiencing this on one of my machines.

Grant [Tobii]
    Keymaster

Hi @shmulyeng, there’s quite a few threads going on in this particular post, so could you kindly tell us about your system specifications in as much detail as possible along with connected peripherals etc and windows & tobii version numbers. Thereafter, we should hopefully be better placed to offer a solution. Thanks.

Sam Östergård
    Participant

me and a few friends of mine had this same problem. we got it fixed by changing our Mouse polling rates from 1000hz to 500hz or lower. for what is actually causing this issue i am not sure. but i felt obligated to post a little fix that may work for some of the guys here. but the 1000 polling rate did not previously cause any lag in games but with tobii on the 1000 polling rate was for sure causing the pc to stutter or completely bug out when moving the mouse. This may be something worth investigating. but again i am not sure tobii is the root cause of the problem

the 2 mouses i had this issue with
    Logitech G502 (wired)
    Corsair Nightsword
    both came with software so changing the polling rate was easy

pc specs
    MB: Asus Strix b350-F gaming
    CPU: AMD 1800X 3.9GHZ
    GPU: Asus RTX2080 Super
    RAM: 2x Gskill Trident z @3200mhz 16Gb (32Gb total)
    PSU: Corsair RM1000x

Grant [Tobii]
    Keymaster

Hi Sam, that is very useful information indeed. Thank you for sharing. I will pass along your findings to the development team for consideration. Best Wishes.

Viewing 10 posts - 31 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.