Home Forums Software Development Tobii EyeX with Unity stopped working on Laptop

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi,

i have a very strange problem and a presentation involving the EyeX controller in two days. 🙁
    I bought a new 3D capable Laptop, installed a fresh Windows 7, installed Unity 5 and Tobii, wrote my application yesterday in Unity. Everything was working fine, but today Unity stopped recognizing the EyeX controller and the compiled app also didn’t work anymore.

The Tobii.EyeX.Client.dll is present in the root folder (everything was working already).

The output_log.txt:
    Fallback handler could not load library D:/Projekte_Workspace/Jena/UnityBuilds/ScotomaPrototype/TobiiTest_Data/Mono/Tobii.EyeX.Client.dll
    Fallback handler could not load library D:/Projekte_Workspace/Jena/UnityBuilds/ScotomaPrototype/TobiiTest_Data/Mono/.\Tobii.EyeX.Client.dll
    Fallback handler could not load library D:/Projekte_Workspace/Jena/UnityBuilds/ScotomaPrototype/TobiiTest_Data/Mono/Tobii.EyeX.Client.dll
    Fallback handler could not load library D:/Projekte_Workspace/Jena/UnityBuilds/ScotomaPrototype/TobiiTest_Data/Mono/Tobii.EyeX.Client
    Fallback handler could not load library D:/Projekte_Workspace/Jena/UnityBuilds/ScotomaPrototype/TobiiTest_Data/Mono/.\Tobii.EyeX.Client
    Fallback handler could not load library D:/Projekte_Workspace/Jena/UnityBuilds/ScotomaPrototype/TobiiTest_Data/Mono/Tobii.EyeX.Client
    Fallback handler could not load library D:/Projekte_Workspace/Jena/UnityBuilds/ScotomaPrototype/TobiiTest_Data/Mono/libTobii.EyeX.Client.dll
    Fallback handler could not load library D:/Projekte_Workspace/Jena/UnityBuilds/ScotomaPrototype/TobiiTest_Data/Mono/.\libTobii.EyeX.Client.dll
    Fallback handler could not load library D:/Projekte_Workspace/Jena/UnityBuilds/ScotomaPrototype/TobiiTest_Data/Mono/libTobii.EyeX.Client.dll
    Fallback handler could not load library D:/Projekte_Workspace/Jena/UnityBuilds/ScotomaPrototype/TobiiTest_Data/Mono/.\Tobii.EyeX.Client.dll
    Fallback handler could not load library D:/Projekte_Workspace/Jena/UnityBuilds/ScotomaPrototype/TobiiTest_Data/Mono/.\Tobii.EyeX.Client
    Fallback handler could not load library D:/Projekte_Workspace/Jena/UnityBuilds/ScotomaPrototype/TobiiTest_Data/Mono/.\libTobii.EyeX.Client.dll
    EyeX initialization failed because the client access library ‘Tobii.EyeX.Client.dll’ could not be loaded. Please make sure that it is present in the root directory of the game/application.

Unity Console Error:

EyeX initialization failed because the client access library ‘Tobii.EyeX.Client.dll’ could not be loaded. Please make sure that it is present in the Unity project directory. You can find it in the SDK package, in the lib/x86 directory. (Currently only Windows is supported.)
    UnityEngine.Debug:LogError(Object)
    EyeXHost:InitializeEyeX() (at D:/Projekte_Workspace/Jena/EyetrackerDemo/UnityProjectTobii/Assets/Standard Assets/EyeXFramework/EyeXHost.cs:399)
    EyeXHost:Start() (at D:/Projekte_Workspace/Jena/EyetrackerDemo/UnityProjectTobii/Assets/Standard Assets/EyeXFramework/EyeXHost.cs:188)

The only things i changed today, replacing some Bluetooth drivers etc. – so nothing directly related to the EyeX Framework happened. I already reinstalled EyeX, but nothing helped.
    The real problem is, i need a fix as quick as possible…

Alex

Anonymous
    Inactive

one more info:

on my desktop PC everything works fine, Unity initializes EyeX and the compiled App is running fine. The very same app now refuses to work on the Laptop.

Patrik [Tobii]
    Participant

Hello Alex,

Unity 5 is 64-bit while Unity 4.x and previous versions are 32-bit.
    This means that you will have to make some changes to the structure of your Unity application to make sure that Unity uses the correct assembly versions.

Se this post for more information about what you need to do:
    http://developer.tobii.com/community/forums/topic/eyex-framework-on-unity-5/#post-2652

Best regards
    Patrik Svensson

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Patrik,

ok, i didn’t mention that, but i already did that fix to the project and everything was working already. The dll is in the right place, and the same build is running fine on my desktop PC. For me it looks more like a unknown dependency problem of the EyeX Framework with the Windows 7 installation on my Laptop. Is there any logfile created by the Eyetracking controller?

Patrik [Tobii]
    Participant

Hello Alex,

Try going to the Player settings settings page and set API compatibility Level to .NET 2.0 and then back again to .NET 2.0 (subset). This seem to clear some cache in Unity.

I have no idea why this works, but it seems to work for other people experiencing the same problem after the upgrade. 🙂

Best regards
    Patrik

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Patrik,

Unity itself seems not to be the problem, it’s all running on my desktop machine. I even did a clean reinstall of Windows 7 on the Laptop, installed only the necessary system drivers (EyeX included and it’s operating normally) and copied the already working (unity compiled from my desktop pc) standalone app on it. And it didn’t work. Same problem with the dll. Unity isn’t even installed on the machine (shouldn’t be necessary anyway). I’m still betting on a dependency issue, maybe .Net Framework or something else…

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi,

i solved the problem, but i still don’t know what was going on. The solution was to make a x86 build out of Unity 5 and copy the right 32bit Tobii.EyeX.Client.dll manually in its root folder (overwriting the wrong placed 64bit dll). The reason why the former x86_64 build did run on both of my machines (Desktop & Laptop, Win 7 Ultimate) and suddenly stopped working on the Laptop is still unknown to me. Maybe, when i have some more time, i’ll look into it again and i’ll try to reproduce the problem.

Jean Fabre
    Participant

Hi,

I struggled a lot with this and indeed it turns out the dll at the root of the Project was wrong. What happened was I originally created the project on my Mac, and viy github I clones on my windows Machine, but when I imported the eyex pacakge again it seems it did not made a clean install from there.

Bye,

Jean

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.