Home Forums Software Development Tobii Gaming Version 5-Gaze Trace Circle

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Joseph
    Participant

Hello, I’m using Tobii Gaming Version 5. I have a question concerning the Tobii Experience software application and the gaze circle. Why does the circle go away when I minimize the Tobii Experience window? As long as I leave the Tobii Experience Window open the gaze trace white circle remains on the screen. Minimize it and the gaze trace circle goes away. One other question. The gaze trace circle seems to be in the upper half of my screen when moving my eyes around the screen. Which way should I tilt the Tobii 5 Eyetracker mount and its bracket? Should I tilt the bracket up or or tilt the bracket and tracker down? to move the circle lower on my screen. Do I need to recalibrate? Love the bracket. Nice improvement.
    I have calibrated it successfully etc.

Windows 10 Pro latest updates etc.

Jz

Grant [Tobii]
    Keymaster

Hi @f3head, thanks for your feedback, I will pass along your suggestions regarding the gaze trace circle. If your calibration has been successful then the gaze circle should follow your gaze location accurately throughout the whole screen, but your message implies that the circle remains at the top of the screen? If this is the case and the circle never follows the gaze properly but the calibration is good and other eye tracker features work, then this could indicate a potential bug in the Tobii Experience App. It may be worth trying a reinstallation of the software in case of a corrupt file during installation.
    Please let us know how you get on. Best Wishes.

Alex [Tobii]
    Participant

Hi @f3head!

If you want to use the gaze circle to overlay it on videos or streams or even showcase it live on the screen, you better use the dedicated software – Tobii Ghost:
    https://gaming.tobii.com/software/ghost/

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.