Home Forums Software Development Tobii Ocumen

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Raghu kiran
    Participant

Hiii Grant

This is question is Regarding about Tobii Ocumen Sdk .Right now iam using Tobii Ocumen version 21-03-18 – Ocumen SIG+IMG+CFG here
    i like to drag packages directly to Assets Folder in my unity project instead of using Unity package Manager as Interface to import the packages .so please let me know should we face any issue by dragging the Tobii Ocumen packages directly to unity project ?

Regards
    Raghu kiran

Grant [Tobii]
    Keymaster

Hi @rvejendla, thanks for your query. I am afraid that this is simply that is how assets are imported in newer Unity versions and what we have upgraded Ocumen to support. We now use the Unity Package Manager to handle our packages in contrast to the old dragging way.

Hopefully this does not cause you undue inconvenience. Best Wishes.

Raghu kiran
    Participant

hii Grant

This is great that you upgraded the Ocumen to be support as per new unity versions .but present i like to drag the ocumen packages folder to Unity project assets so should it cause any issues while building the project or running the Application ?please let me know

Regards
    Raghu kiran

Grant [Tobii]
    Keymaster

Hi @rvejendla, our recommended approach is to use the Package Manager so please import libraries this way as we cannot guarantee results if done otherwise. Best Wishes.

Raghu kiran
    Participant

Hii
    Thats fine grant, i imported the sdk packages through Unity Package Manager by using the option Add package from the disk .So my Unity project contain Packages folder which is having two files 1)manifest.json 2)packages-lock.json in this files Sdk packages are pointing to my local disk .Here the problem is i need to push Sdk packages and json files to the Repository So my partner who will work on the same project will need to pull the changes he should keep the Sdk packages in the same path on his PC.

Grant [Tobii]
    Keymaster

Hi @rvejendla, one solution is to use relative links for the packages and not hardcoded on a local location, however please bear in mind this is Unity specific issue regarding the Unity Package Manager, so not something Tobii can directly resolve. Best Wishes.

Raghu kiran
    Participant

hiii Grant
    Could you please explain what is meant by relative links and how we will be used to import packages dynamically with out pointing to local location in Json files ? i hope you understand my issue.

Regards
    Raghu kiran

Grant [Tobii]
    Keymaster

Hi @rvejendla, this is a Unity specific query not generally covered within the bounds of this forum, however, one can use relative path names using the instruction as provided by Unity documentation @ https://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/upm-localpath.html

You can use either absolute paths, or paths that are relative to the project’s Packages folder (that is, the root folder of the project manifest). In other words, a path preceded with two dots (..) refers to the root of the project path, so that ../another_folder is a sibling of the Packages folder.

Hopefully, this makes sense. Please try it out and let us know how you get on. Best Wishes.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.