Home Forums Software Development Tobii Stream Engine C#

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    vwgx3
    Participant

Hello,
    i stumbled upon the post “access to unfiltered gaze point data in the Tobii Stream Engine” and concluded it would be interesting to test the C#/.NET version of the “Stream Engine”, because the sampling rate seems to behave differently.
    But the API manual of the “Tobii.StreamEngine 2.0.2.333” installed via NuGET in VS seems to refer to C/C++ only…
    I am interested in subscribing to a raw gaze data stream in a C# console application, with an overhead as light as possible, connecting a Tobii EyeX.
    I am familiar with doing so using the CoreSDK (Interaction API).
    Is there an documentation about the C# API available?
    Or do i misunderstand the concept of “C# language binding”, and the “Stream Engine” has to be handled differently under C# then one of the CoreSDKs?
    Any starting info is highly appreciated.
    Best

vwgx3
    Participant

Sorry, that was obviously too fast.
    I discovered the Interop.cs and got aware, that this is obviously “simply” using a C library in a C# project. So nothing StreamEngine specific, but a fundamental programming concept i’m not familiar with yet.
    I’ll follow that route and dig there deeper…
    If it is possible and sensible to roughly sketch the fundamental approach of subscribing to a gaze data stream using the C library, that would definitely help, nevertheless 😉
    Best

Grant [Tobii]
    Keymaster

hi @vwgx3, We do not have a specific C# manual since it would be more or less a copy paste from the C++ version. The mapping of all function names and parameters are 1 to 1 between the languages. Did you manage to get up and running in the end?

vwgx3
    Participant

Hi Grant, thank you very much for offering help.
    And sorry for my late reply, but i first wanted to sort out whether i should invest in this route, by comparing the fundamental properties/behaviours of the currently available software stacks for the EyeX.

I successfully implemented a rough PoC of including the StreamEninge C-Lib by implementing the “tobii_get_api_version” in a C# project and that worked. So i seem to have understood the fundamental concept.

And indeed: the API documentation has it all, i just got to get familiar with how to read it.

I’m now undecided which stack to use (actually: which type of gaze data stream), but that is better a topic for a dedicates post i’ll issue soon, after having verified that there isn’t any existing post around that question would fit into 😉
    So: thanks again

Grant [Tobii]
    Keymaster

hi @vwgx3, OK great thanks for the update and please consider posting your project on the developer forum when complete if you would like to share for the benefit of other users.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.