Home Forums Eye Tracking Devices Tobii Update Service on port 9000

Tagged: , , ,

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Installing the Tobii EyeX Software also installs a service called “Tobii Update Service” that runs in the background. I can imagine it is used for checking for software updates.
    I think it’s a bit unfortunate that it blocks port 9000 since as a web developer I heavily rely on this port for remote debugging (Xdebug).
    Is it possible to permanently disable this service without having impairing the EyeX software? How essential is it in the whole EyeX architecture? Or even better: Could this service use another port as well?

Thanks for your support,
    Wolfgang

Anders
    Participant

Hi Wolfgang,
    you’re quite right about the update service: its purpose is to check for updates, and it’s not essential for the functioning of the EyeX stack.

The choice of port 9000 wasn’t a good one — thanks for pointing it out to us! — and we plan to change to another port in a later release.

In the mean time you can safely disable the service. Just remember to check the Dev Zone for updates every now and then if you do so.

Hi Anders,

thanks for your quick reply and the insights about the update service. I’ll just disable it in the meantime then. If the port is changed in a future release this will just be the cherry on top. 🙂

Thanks for your time!
    Wolfgang

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.