Home Forums Eye Tracking Devices Turning off Tobii 4c

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Thomas
    Participant

Is there a way after a gaming session to turn off the 4c bar?
    I tried closing the eyetracker app and gamehub but it still is
    active, I dont want to disable services and such, just a software
    on/off switch.

Grant [Tobii]
    Keymaster

Hi @horsky, it should be sufficient that you can disable eye tracking via the Tobii system Tray icon and that should turn off all lights and naturally disable eye tracking. If indeed the lights remain on, perhaps you are connected to a powered USB hub?
    If not, and the device remains on, it would be useful to get an idea of your system specifications. Many thanks.

Thomas
    Participant

Hi Grant!

I replugged the 4c to the back of my pc instead of monitors 3.0 ports. Getting the same results in both connections, no powered hub. I rightclick on the systemtray icon select quit on both gamehub and then eyetracker and 4c is still lit. Its not really a problem, but I dont know, haha maybe just want to turn it off when not using it =).
    I noticed that when im not using it the eye icons in systray have to x:es over them, presumably its not tracking and maybe went down to some hibernation state?

System Specs
    Asus p8z77 vpro /all the latest updates, well as far back as they were the latest =)
    i7 3770k watercooled (a bit old, but gets the job done)
    16gb ddr3
    gtx 1080ti /all the latest updates
    win 10 enterprise /all the latest updates

Grant [Tobii]
    Keymaster

Hi @horsky, most unusual indeed! thanks for the extra information.. I will report to the developers to see what they see.. I assume you are running the latest Tobii Core Software? How about power option for the eye tracker in device manager? I can imagine how this might be quite an annoyance so we will try to find a good solution for you.
    If you disable the Tobii Tracking Windows Service (start -> run -> services.msc) the problem persists?

Yes, the eyes are X’s when nothing found, it’s normal behaviour. Best wishes.

Thomas
    Participant

Hi Grant, I must be blind! I didnt see the big ON switch beside tobii logo in the eyetracking app *facepalm*. I was looking everywhere else and there it was clear as a day =) Working like a charm, on/off =). Thanks man and sorry for being annoying =)

Grant [Tobii]
    Keymaster

Hi @horsky, okay no worries, thanks for the update! 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.