Home Forums Unity SDK Two gaze visualizer: one for each eyes

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Mattia
    Participant

Hi everyone!

I’m using HTC Vive Pro Eye in Unity, and need to create two Gaze Visualizer (the one in Dev Tools scene), for each eyes. At the end, I should visualize two Gaze visualizer: one per eyes. Is it possible achive this result? Thanks.

Best regards,
    Mattia

Grant [Tobii]
    Keymaster

Hi @mattbarb, thanks for reaching out! Yes it is possible in principle to achieve this, however there’s no out-of-the-box solution I’m afraid.

You would need to create a custom solution: Tobii only expose the combined gaze signal in our commercial SDK but SRanipal SDK does exposes both left and right eye vectors.

Please check out our GazeVisualizer script as a means to get started implementing this @ https://vr.tobii.com/sdk/develop/unity/tools/xr-dev-tools/

Thereafter you will need to use the SRanipal SDK to achieve this.

Mattia
    Participant

Hi Grant,

Thanks for your reply.

Mattia

Grant [Tobii]
    Keymaster

My pleasure Mattia, please don’t hesitate to get in touch again should you require any further information or assistance!

Peter
    Participant

Hi Grant,

I have read your answer and it is very interesting. I have a Tobii HTC VIVE Devkit, and I am looking for a solution similar to what Mattia needs (send a different image to each eye).

I think the SRanipal SDK is not compatible with the Tobii HTC VIVE Devkit. Please, do you know if this is correct?

If this SDK is not compatible, plese, do you known if is there an alternative solution to do the same with my helmet?

Thanks in advance,
    Pedro

Grant [Tobii]
    Keymaster

Hi @pedrog, the HTC Vive is compatible with the Sranipal SDK judging by Vive own website, so you should be able to get it up and running for your need.

I found this post on their own forum which should help you out @ https://forum.vive.com/topic/9351-vive-sranipal-eye-tracking-data/

Do let us know if we can provide any further information. Best Wishes.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.