Home Forums Software Development UE4 EyeXSamples Build Fail

Tagged: 

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Ahmed Al-Hulaibi
    Participant

As the title says, when building the EyeXSamples project, I am experiencing build errors. I’ve followed the GitHub instructions closely and repeated the process multiple times to no avail. All other UE4 C++ projects are building and running without any errors, so this seems to be isolated to the EyeX SDK. Anyone experienced this or have a solution/workaround?

Windows 7 64 bit
    Unreal Engine 4.8.1
    Visual Studio 2013 Community Edition

Build Output

1>—— Build started: Project: EyeXSamples, Configuration: Development_Editor x64 ——
    1> Building UnrealHeaderTool…
    1> Target is up to date.
    1> Parsing headers for EyeXSamplesEditor
    1> C:/Users/AhmedAl-Hulaibi/Documents/GameDev/EyeXforUE4/Plugins/TobiiEyeX/Source/TobiiEyeX/Public/EyeXPlayerController.h(88) : Expected the name of a previously defined enum
    1>Error : Failed to generate code for EyeXSamplesEditor – error code: OtherCompilationError (5)
    1> UnrealHeaderTool failed for target ‘EyeXSamplesEditor’ (platform: Win64, module info: C:\Users\AhmedAl-Hulaibi\Documents\GameDev\EyeXforUE4\Intermediate\Build\Win64\EyeXSamplesEditor\Development\UnrealHeaderTool.manifest).
    1>C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft.Cpp\v4.0\V120\Microsoft.MakeFile.Targets(38,5): error MSB3073: The command “C:\Users\AhmedAl-Hulaibi\Documents\GameDev\UnrealEngine\Engine\Build\BatchFiles\Build.bat EyeXSamplesEditor Win64 Development “C:\Users\AhmedAl-Hulaibi\Documents\GameDev\EyeXforUE4\EyeXSamples.uproject”” exited with code -1.
    ========== Build: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 2 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========

Tim Lindeberg
    Participant

It seems the latest version of the Unreal Engine broke the plugin for some reason. Adding “#include “EyeXTypes.h”” to EyeXPlayerController.h fixed the problem for me. The include has to be before the generated header file.

Ahmed Al-Hulaibi
    Participant

Thanks that worked!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.