Home Forums XR Discussions UNITY: IGazeFocusable causes issues with Light Probes on static objects.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    BlackRainbowFT
    Participant

Hello,

I have a scene with multiple objects, using both lightmaps and light probes.

As soon as the gaze is over an object (with a script implementing IGazeFocusable) it stops blending light probes (and it ends up looking “unlit”).

The only way to fix the issue is to select the object and, in the Mesh Renderer component, to switch from “Blend Probes” to “Off” and then back to “Blend Probes”.

This affects any static object with the option Light Probes set to “Blend Probes” (it doesn’t matter if under “Receive Global Illumination” I select “Light Probes” or “Lightmap”). If I do not set an object as “static” the blending of the probes doesn’t break.

Any idea how to fix this?

Thank you

Unity version: 2021.2.0a20.2866
    Tobii SDK: 3.0.0.178

Grant [Tobii]
    Keymaster

Hi @blackrainbowft, thanks for getting in touch and sorry for the delay in response. Could you please clarify what does the script implementing IGazeFocusable do?

Did you already copy the sample file that changes the color of the material? If you could perhaps share the project file that we could try and reproduce the issue, that would be helpful.

BlackRainbowFT
    Participant

Hi!

I actually did copy your sample script. I didn’t try it out “as-is” because in my scene (I’m using HDRP by the way… I forgot to mention it) some of the shaders don’t have a “_BaseColor” property.

All my script does is print to the console the name of the object that I’m currently looking at.

Actually… I just tried opening my project (the first time since I posted my message) and the bug has disappeared without having changed a single line of code. I have to admit I didn’t think of “turning it off and on again”.

Oh well… I’ll report back in case it happens again!

Thank you.

Grant [Tobii]
    Keymaster

OK, thanks for the update! Glad to hear at least the situation is now resolved. Best Wishes.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.