Home Forums Software Development Unity Manipulate Camera

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Thomas Sjöholm
    Participant

Hi!

I’m having problem to refit the sample project to be more general (accept global events) in order to manipulate the manipulate the camera always.

What I want to do is to have a script on a camera that manipulates it. It should always get events, where ever the person is looking.

The problem is that the camera does not have a renderer/is not shown by the camera so the sample project and make it possible to handle “global locations”. The interactors requires a location and so much of the code is adapted for objects out in the world seen by the camera.

What would the easiest way to get a global EyePosition/GazePoint/Whatever-Event? Preferably following the modular design of the Unity example… I have successfully done it making it more like the “MinimalGazeDataStream” example, but losing the Unity architecture.

Do I have to rewrite the entire example code and making my own EyeXHost/Interactors/etc.etc…?

Jenny [Tobii]
    Participant

Hi Thomas,

I’m actually just now working on adding support for global interactors in the Unity EyeX framework classes, and if everything goes well this should be available in an updated Unity SDK package maybe next week (and that’s a plan, not a promise :)).

So, if you could wait for that, we could take it from there.

Thomas Sjöholm
    Participant

Great!

My kludge will work for now, good to know that better solutions is on the way!

Jenny [Tobii]
    Participant

Just a heads up:
    As of Unity SDK version 0.14.40 released last Friday, there is now support for global interactors in the Unity EyeX framework classes.

There is a new scene called TraceEyeGazeScene showing how to access the latest gaze point from a script, using the EyeXGazePointProvider class.

The support for registering EyeXGlobalInteractor objects with the EyeXHost also makes it possible to implement streaming of other types of data (like fixations or eye position).

Please check it out, and let me know if you find it usable 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.