Home Forums Unreal Engine 4 SDK Unreal 4.26.1 No Eyetracker Detected

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Ryan Eckert
    Participant

I’m new to Unreal and I’m trying to see if I can use Tobii eye tracking in a simple game.
    I have installed both Tobii Experience as well as “Tobii Eye Tracking Core Software v2.13.3”, and am using a Tobii Eye Tracker 5.
    Upon unzipping “Tobii_UE4SDK_4.26.0.400.zip”, renaming it to “TobiiEyeTracking” and putting it in a new Plugins folder in a new project, I open and run “DesktopExampleMap” but the level says “No Eyetracker Detected”.
    On the other hand, the Tobii eye tracking seems to be working fine in Unity, as well as in general when using Tobii Experience.
    If possible, please recommend a couple debugging tips that I could try to get Unreal to find the eye tracker.
    Thanks!

Grant [Tobii]
    Keymaster

Hi @reckert477, did you check the Unreal Version? WE have a few different download options depending on what Unreal Version you are running against

Getting started

It may be worth trying with v4.25.

Javier Cruz
    Participant

I’m experiencing the same issues when trying to open the examples in Unreal Engine 4.26.2. Have confirmed that I have the tobii 4.26 plugin.

Grant [Tobii]
    Keymaster

Hi @jccruz, we are trying to confirm this issue however if the meantime if you can try to work with UE 4.25 and let us know if the issues persists, that would be helpful. Thank you.

Zane Denmon
    Participant

I am also experiencing the same issues in 4.25.4…

Grant [Tobii]
    Keymaster

Hi @zdenmon, you can grab this version for 4.22 @

Tobii Unreal Engine SDK 4.22

Perhaps this will allow you to operate properly. Please let us know.

Zane Denmon
    Participant

To resolve this, I had to make sure that the plugins folder name was the same as the .uplugin file. Then, once I loaded the UE4 Editor, it automatically prompted me to accept the terms and conditions, and the eye tracker was able to be detected.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.