Home Forums Software Development Use 4C as development device for Pro application

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    T.J.G. Veenker
    Participant

Would it be possible to develop (with the Pro SDK) for a Pro eye-tracker but using a 4C just for testing? Or, even better, is there an emulator I can talk to in my application? The final application will save eye-tracking data and will run using a X3-120.

Grant [Tobii]
    Keymaster

Hi @tveenker, thanks for your query. If you wish to use the Tobii 4C Tracker with the Pro SDK, this requires the purchase of a special unlock file and licence to do so, but yes in theory you could use the 4C as a “testing device” as any Pro SDK application should be compatible with the X3-120 assuming of course that the application itself does not depend on certain features unique to the X3 such as a high (120hz) capture rate.

Regarding emulators, I am afraid we do not produce any such software.

T.J.G. Veenker
    Participant

So with the license applied the 4C will (within limits) behave similar to a Pro eye-tracker. Cool.

What would be the scenario without the license applied? Does any of the next statements apply?
    1) the 4C device works but simply doesn’t yield any gaze and pupil data
    2) the 4C device won’t work at all with the Pro SDK
    3) something else?

Thanks,
    Theo

Grant [Tobii]
    Keymaster

Hi @tveenker, without the unlock file the Pro SDK will not be able to connect at all to the 4C – So essentially scenario (2)

Please let us know if we can provide any further information. Best wishes.

T.J.G. Veenker
    Participant

Thank you. I’ve requested price info for the unlock license.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.