Home › Forums › Software Development › Use of Tobii Eye Tracker 5 for research purpose
- This topic has 5 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 1 year, 8 months ago by Grant [Tobii].
- 09/08/2020 at 17:11 #18594SungIk ChoParticipant
I am a researcher in the Human-Computer Interaction (HCI) field at graduate school.
We are currently planning a user study using the Tobii Eye Tracker5 which presents a methodology that can enhance the experience in the virtual environment.
Now, we are developing programs for experiments with the Unity Game Engine that most of which consist of simple interactions, but some steps are likely to include storing and analyzing eye-tracking data. (such as gazing duration on the target and speed of gaze target change and so on)
To that end, I’m looking at the details of the license, and I’d like to ask the following because there’s some confusion.
1. The link of ‘analytical use policy’ found on the other forum thread displays that “The Analytical Use Policy is replaced by the Tobii Eye Tracking Data Transparency Policy.” Where can I find the licensing information I need to proceed with the above research?
2. Does it require a separate license to create and utilize software in accordance with the ‘Tobii Eye Tracking Data Transparency Policy’? There is also a recommendation of ‘Active User Acceptance’ for screen-based products, is it okay to provide them in the form of ‘paper consensus’?
I think there has been a recent policy change, so I would appreciate it if you could let me know about it.
Thanks.10/08/2020 at 09:49 #18602
Hi @irunarae, thanks for your query. Indeed Tobii has updated it’s licence agreement terms and conditions.
You can find the full information and relevant contact details @ https://developer.tobii.com/license-agreement/
Certainly, if you are going to store data for analysis purposes you will need to reach out to our licencing team (contact in the link above) for a quote and instructions.
With regard to paper consensus, I am not certain on this point, hopefully me colleagues within licencing can clarify this point for you. Best Wishes.20/07/2021 at 11:27 #20891zxlParticipant
I have contacted with your team(send email) one month ago, but I haven’t received the reply.20/07/2021 at 13:22 #20894
Sorry to hear that zxl, please send me a PM with your email address and proper name and I will enquire on your behalf. Best Wishes20/07/2021 at 13:29 #20895zxlParticipant
Thank you. My Email address is [email protected] and my name is Zhang Xiaolong.21/07/2021 at 12:34 #20898
Thanks, I will look into the matter and reply to your privately.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.