Home Forums Software Development Use Sentry as IR-Webcam like Windows Hello does

Tagged: ,

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    René
    Participant

Is it possible to get the raw image just like Windows Hello does?

It clearly works as you can see when improving recognition in Hello.

The reason why I am asking this:

I am a small streamer and I really like my Sentry and the gaze overlay. But while seeing the raw image provided by the sentry in Windows Hello, an idea crossed my mind: Can’t I use the Sentry as an IR-Webcam while playing/streaming Horrorgames? It would bring a hell of a lot more atmsphere into the stream.

Please tell me there is a way. A simple output program would work to grab it with OBS.

René
    Participant

Oh yeah: I am using the Steelseries Sentry on Windows 10 Pro Ver 1607 Build 14393.576

Grant [Tobii]
    Keymaster

Hi @frtzngbllr (Rene), I am afraid that the raw IR images taken by the Tobii Eye Trackers are not exposed for viewing.
    Apologies for any inconvenience.

tor jakobsen
    Participant

bumb. I support this idea. The eye tracking feature is awesome and there is no doubt thats what the camera is there for. But, if windows hello can use this, i think other apps should be able to aswell, that IR camera would be an awesome extra thing to have

Grant [Tobii]
    Keymaster

I am afraid company policy on this issue is quite clear guys, mostly due to intellectual property (the way in which the eye images are captured).. sorry!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.