Home Forums Eye Tracking Devices Using Alienware r4 Tobii eyetrackers in other computers

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    tinekastil
    Participant

While looking up eyetrackers on eBay, I found a number of sellers with Tobbi eyetracker modules pulled from Alienware laptops, where they were built in. Has anyone tried/had success with using those modules with a completely different PC? Or are they dependent on other hardware built into those alienware laptops?

Grant [Tobii]
    Keymaster

Hi @tinekastil2, thanks for your query. I would be very hesitant about purchasing our eye trackers in this condition. The modules are specially constructed for use with the Alienware laptops and absolutely no software support is provided using them outside of this setup, and you are likely to experience issues in correct power distribution and poor calibration results from a non-standard monitor mount. From what I saw on Ebay, the price is low so of course you can experiment but we cannot be held responsible for any damage or lack of operation due to this hardware. Personally, we think it’s worth to pay a little more for the proper kit!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.