Home Forums Eye Tracking Devices Using tobii to record co-ordinates

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Rasa Bhattarai
    Participant

Hello all,
    I am a begineer in using tobii. I want to create a software that records the eye co-ordinates (x and y) for a stimulation using tobii Eye X. Is there any documentation? Can it be done ?
    Thanks

Grant [Tobii]
    Keymaster

Hi @rasa, thanks for your query. Please bear in mind that the use of Eye Tracking for analysis or research purposes that requires the long terms storage of gaze data requires the purchase of a special licence to do so.

Full details @ https://analyticaluse.tobii.com/?utm_source=developer.tobii.com

However, if you are simply interested in use the EyeX for Interaction applications, then there are a number of sample programs you can get for free @ https://github.com/Tobii/CoreSDK

Hopefully these should help you get and up running.

Please let us know if we can be of any further help.

Rasa Bhattarai
    Participant

Hello Sir,

I have applied for the license to use the eye tracker tobii eye X in Analytical applications.
    Is there a documentation regarding it’s usage so that I could get some idea to store the x and y co-ordinates as recorded by the eye tracker tobii eye X.

Thank you

Grant [Tobii]
    Keymaster

Hi @rasa, if it’s part of your package then I would recommend going with the Tobii Pro SDK as this comes supplied with a number of sample applications that indeed demonstrate simply how to store gaze data.

I am afraid we do not have a documentation or samples for the Core SDK that store gaze data in the fashion you want as this is generally an uncommon user setup.

In any event, please check with your sales contact if you will be able to work with the Pro SDK. Thanks.

Rasa Bhattarai
    Participant

Thank you for your help. One more question: By integrating ‘tobii eye X’ with ‘tobii pro sdk’ can I store the x and y co-ordinates into database of my program (using C# programming) ?

Grant [Tobii]
    Keymaster

Hi @rasa, yes absolutely! The Tobii Pro SDK is designed for analysis and long term storage of gaze data so you should have no problems in this regard 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.