Home Forums Software Development Virtual Windows Calibrared coordinates? (tobii.interaction.dll)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Tobias Kozlowski
    Participant

Hello. Sorry for annoying again 😉 I want to use virtual windows to overlay real wpf windows to make them gaze aware. I create them like this

myFreeFloatingWindow = virtualWindowsAgent.CreateFreeFloatingVirtualWindowAsync(
    “MyFreeFloatingWindow”,
    new Tobii.Interaction.Rectangle(Left*ScaleFactorX , Top*ScaleFactorY , Width*ScaleFactorX, Height*ScaleFactorY)
    ).Result;

After that i add an interactor.

(ScaleFactorX = 1, Scalefactor = 1)

Works fine, but the coordinates seem to be the raw ones without calibration. I always have to look besides the wpf window to get a reaction. And the distance changes depending on where on the screen the window is.

What can i do to get the proper coordinates?

Thanks in advance. It is the only thing i don’t have a solution so far.

Tobias

Grant [Tobii]
    Keymaster

Hi @eyetrackjack, no problem! We are happy to try and help you out 😀

First thing is to look at the methodology by which you are trying to make a WPF window gaze aware by a creating a secondary virtual window.
    In fact, we have already created a simple WPF sample which you can download @ https://github.com/Tobii/CoreSDK

If you checkout the samples directory, we illustrate the most direct means to make a WPF window gaze aware without the need for virtual windows overlayed… I would strongly encourage you to first look at our recommended protocol and thereafter let us know if this is compatible with your project needs? It should hopefully help you get up and running a lot faster!

Tobias Kozlowski
    Participant

Thank you for the information.

In my project i use WPF based interactors that are gaze aware. Every interactor is a WPF window that is being created by the mainwindow. It works fine but i want to set the Window Style to WS_EX_LAYERED and WS_EX_TRANSPARENT. And here a strange behavior occurs. The interactors only work when the main window is next to them. I can’t find a solution for that.

That’s why i tried it with virtual windows. It works somehow but it behaves like not calibrated.

All in all i would like to go on with WPF because it is much more flexible and easier to use. Maybe i should find a different concept than “for every interactor a window”

Kind regards
    Tobias

Grant [Tobii]
    Keymaster

Hi @eyetrackjack thanks for your patience whilst we tried to have a look at your project intentions. After consulting, I am afraid that it is not clear as to the best means to approach this multiple WPF windows format you are using.

Indeed, WPF with multiple windows in general applications is not a simple affair (as discovered from a cursory glance online) and as this is a rather unusual methodology, no in-house testing using the Tobii SDK has been performed in this setup so we cannot guarantee that all will work properly. It seems you already discovered some unusual behaviours in this regard!

Accordingly, we must recommend that you try to find a solution to your project needs that only require a singular WPF window. If you would care to share the project on Github, it would be helpful but I am afraid that for the time being, we cannot offer support for multiple WPF windows using the Core SDK.

Apologies for any inconvenience and thanks for your understanding.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.