Home Forums Software Development VR Unity editor vs build: No connected eye trackers found.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Ante Popic
    Participant

Hi all,
    Currently I am developing a study regarding eye tracking in VR.
    Now that I am finished with my study, I want to build it.
    My problem is, that the game inside Unity editor is working fine, but the build version can’t find the eye tracker (Log: No connected eye trackers found.)
    I am using the TobiiXR_initializer prefab in order to start eye tracking. I am using VIVE Pro Eye, SteamVR.
    I could not solve the problem.
    I also saw this thread here but it did not help me: https://developer.tobii.com/community/forums/topic/no-eye-tracking-4c-detected-in-the-unity-build/

I would be happy if someone could help me fix that issue.

Kind regards
    Ante

Ante Popic
    Participant

Update:
    Sometimes eye tracking works for some time and then the eye tracker gets disconnected.
    Either it does not work from start or it gets disconnected after some time.
    This never happens in the editor when i press start.
    This only happens in the build version.

Grant [Tobii]
    Keymaster

Hi @ante, can you confirm if this issue occurs using HTC own SRanipal SDK ? If the disconnection also occurs, then it would be best to post the issue on HTC own forum as this implies the problem lies at the device level, not the Tobii XR SDK.

Ante Popic
    Participant

I managed to fix this problem.
    I think the issue was that TobiiXR_initializer was called before SRanipal framework, so i had bad connection and sometimes the tracker didn’t connect.
    This only happened in the build version though.
    In the end I attached the Ranipal framework to an object and called the initializer later and now it works perfect with no connection faults.
    I saw some other people also have the same problem like me, so I hope this will help others in future also.
    Thank you for your reply 🙂

Kind regards
    Ante

Grant [Tobii]
    Keymaster

Great! Thanks for the update, glad to hear you got it working.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.