[Solved] Windows Hello not available

Home Forums Eye Tracking Devices [Solved] Windows Hello not available

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Theo
    Participant

Hello everyone,

Just recently got a Tobii EyeX which is working just perfectly fine on my computer (for every windows features in the EyeX software and games such as Elite Dangerous). However the Windows Hello option is not appearing (even after setting up a pin). I just have the “Password”, “Pin” and “Picture password” options.

How can I make Windows Hello appear in order to set it up? I obviously have Windows 10, fully updated, and the latest versions of EyeX software and firmware.

Many thanks,
    Theo

Davel
    Participant

There’s some instructions on this page, you may have gone through the steps already, but best to check.
    http://www.tobii.com/xperience/hello/

When I installed the EyeX there was an Update option in the Settings, or maybe a pop-up, to install the add-in required for Hello to start working

Theo
    Participant

Hi Davel,

Thanks for the quick reply. I did however follow all the steps on the page and everything is up to date. I installed everything yesterday and tried to update once again today but there are no updates available.

Those are my versions:
    Firmware version: 2.0.2-33638
    Tobii EyeX Controller Core version: 2.0.9
    Tobii EyeX Controller Driver version: 2.0.4
    Tobii Service version: 1.8.20.6012
    Tobii EyeX Engine version: 1.8.20.6012
    Tobii EyeX Config version: 3.2.6.347
    Tobii EyeX Interaction version: 2.0.3.2260
    Windows Build: Version 10.0 (Build 10240)
    Otherwise I’m on an AMD system in case that matters…

From there the Windows Hello option should appear, but it doesn’t. Am I missing something?

Davel
    Participant

Hi Theo.

All the Tobii versions match mine. I think you’re on an old version of Windows though – Hello was only introduced in the big ‘November Update’

When I run ‘winver’ I get:
    Version 1511 (OS Build 10586.104)

Hope that helps

D

Theo
    Participant

Hi Davel,

Many thanks for your help. Thanks to you I ended up realizing that my windows 10 was a few versions behind, for some reason it didn’t want to do any major update (minor updates were working though). I had to do a full format of the drive to install the new version.

Problem solved!

Theo

Emmanuel Vrebos
    Participant

Hello everyone !

I just got my eyetracker but not fully satisfied because I’ve got the same problem as Theo: no “Windows Hello” available …

but it seems that I am up to date with windows 10 : V.1511, build 10586.164 ( as it is automatically daily updated )

_ I have also the latest version of EyesX drivers :
    Eye Tracker Model : SteelSeries Sentry
    Tobii EyeX Controller Core version: 2.0.9
    Firmware version: 2.0.2-33638
    Tobii EyeX Controller Driver version: 2.0.4
    Tobii Service version: 1.8.20.6012
    Tobii EyeX Engine version: 1.8.20.6012
    Tobii EyeX Config version: 3.2.6.347
    Tobii EyeX Interaction version: 2.0.3.2260

> Can you help me please ?

Grant [Tobii]
    Keymaster

Hi Emmanuel,

As you probably noticed, the issue lies with Windows not with Tobii..

The problems seems to be rather common with a number of users reporting similar problems which apparently due to upgrading to Windows 10 from 8.1 or earlier.

As the previous user suggested, you may have to reinstall Windows 10 from fresh to obtain the functionality.

Emmanuel Vrebos
    Participant

Thank you Grant.

Hopefully, in my case, the problem was not caused by Windows and I am happy I didn’t have to reinstall it !

Again, all the requirements are fulfilled.

After removal of all the Sentry Installation (that came from the Steelseries landingspage) and reinstall of the Tobii drivers instead (coming from the Tobii’s EyesX landingspage), I could finally access the Windows Hello option in the Control Panel.

Maybe could you investigate on the equivalency of both drivers.

Grant [Tobii]
    Keymaster

Okay great, thanks for the update!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.