Home Forums Unity SDK X3-120 with EPU and Unity

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Maarten Struijk
    Participant

Hi!

How can I use the EPU with Unity?

I’ve been trying to get it up and running using the demo scenes, but no luck. The EPU is recognized in the general Tobii settings window, and I’ve followed the steps as described in the manual to set it up for Unity.

When I plug in the eye-tracker using USB it works fine in Unity, but it appears as if the demo scenes do not activate the UTP-connected EPU.

What can I do to solve this?

Best,
    Maarten

Grant [Tobii]
    Keymaster

Hi @mrstruijk, The Tobii Unity plugin is designed to operate with the Tobii Tech range of eye trackers such as the 4C and EyeX all of which are USB based.

Accordingly whilst the Unity plugin may work for the X3-120 operating under a powered USB connection, there is no support available or planned for networked eye trackers as is typical with Tobii Pro devices.

Our apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Maarten Struijk
    Participant

Hi @Grant, thanks for the speedy reply!
    No worries, then I’ll just work with the USB connection for now.

Does the Unity SDK support the Tobii Pro integration VR setup?

Best,
    Maarten

Grant [Tobii]
    Keymaster

Hi @mrstruijk, thanks for understanding.. I would say that the Unity SDK only support the Tobii Tech Range of trackers (4C,EyeX) for now and that the VR Setup is not supported, but kindly let me try to confirm this.

Maarten Struijk
    Participant

We got the SDK running with the X3-120 using only the USB connection, so at least some of the Tobii Pro line works well with Unity.

Please let us know about the VR, because it is very important for our study that we can run it in VR using the Tobii Unity SDK!

Thanks again Grant!

Grant [Tobii]
    Keymaster

Hi @mrstruijk, thanks for your patience whilst I liaised with the relevant departments.

Whilst I can confirm that the Tobii Tech plugin for Unity SDK is not compatible with the Tobii Pro VR Setup, you will be pleased to know that there is in fact a separate Unity SDK that has been designed specifically to operate with Tobii Pro devices including the Virtual Reality Headset.

You can find further information about this @ http://developer.tobiipro.com/unity/unity-getting-started.html

Accordingly, it looks like you will need to separate development channels; one for Tech Unity SDK & other for Pro Unity SDK but hopefully that should not present too much of an issue for you.

Please let us know if we can be of any further assistance.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.