Home Forums Eye Tracking Devices et Tobii 4C Eye Tracker on Linux

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Grant [Tobii] Grant [Tobii] 3 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Christos Tzelepis
    Christos Tzelepis
    Participant

Hi everyone,

I just bought a Tobii 4C eye tracker and I would like to start experimenting with it. I would like to use the eye tracker in a development mode; that is, I want to have access to gaze and head pose data. My main issue is that I work on Linux and I wouldn’t like to migrate to Windows at all :). I noticed that the Tobii Core SDK does not provide any support for linux so far, but here it states that support for Stream Engine API is “coming soon” for linux. Is there any info about how soon will that be?

In any case, is there any way of getting started on Linux? Could you lend a hand?

Many thanks for your help in advance.
    Best,
    Christos

Profile photo of Grant [Tobii]
    Grant [Tobii]

Hi @chi0tzp, thanks for your query. Please let me get in touch with the developers to see if there is an early beta for you to test.

Christos Tzelepis
    Participant

Hi @grant-rogers, thank you for your prompt response. It would be nice if I could work even on an early beta version; I would be glad to provide some useful feedback as a tester too.

Grant [Tobii]

Hi @chi0tzp, thanks for your patience. Unfortunately, at this time the Linux variant of the Stream Engine has deemed not yet ready for public release. Exceptions may be made in special use case scenarios however generally we are not yet willing to role out the software for Beta Testing at this time.

That being said, please PM any project details you might have and I will pass them along. My apologies for the disappointing news.

Christos Tzelepis
    Participant

Hi @grant-rogers, thank you very much for your reply. I’ll send you a PM with some thoughts.

Profile photo of Christopher Reay
    Christopher Reay
    Participant

do you have a vague timeframe?

Grant [Tobii]

Hi @christopherreay, apologies but the Linux variant for the Tobii Core SDK Stream Engine API is still not available for public release. That being said, we may be interested in having advanced users test the software if appropriate.

If this interests you, please PM with your Development Goals and a little bio and I would be happy to pass along your details to the development team.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.