Home Forums Software Development Fixation Data Modes – I would like more info please

Tagged: 

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

In the documentation the data modes for the fixation data stream are described as follows:

When setting up the fixation data behavior, these fixation data modes are available:
     Sensitive, will result in many fixations, sometimes very close and in quick succession.
     Slow, will result in fairly stable fixations but may leave somewhat late.

I would like to know more about these modes, in particular for each mode how does a fixation begin? How large is the fixation area? When does the fixation end?

Grant [Tobii]
    Keymaster

Hi @mohagan35, For both fixations modes, the following is true:

·         Fixations are NOT area-based, they are velocity-based. Because of dynamic adjustments of parameters, depending on the users current precision, this results in different effective fixation areas, among other things depending on user, location on screen and current eye tracking performance.
    ·         From “clean slate”, both are equally quick to start a fixation.
    ·         During a fixation, the data delivered from the filter is smoothed to show a more stable fixation point.
    ·         Between fixations, no data is sent from the filter.

The main difference between the two is that the sensitive fixation filter will leave existing fixations as soon as it seems to not be valid anymore, while the “slow” (bad naming I think) will hold off on leaving in case the data was misleading and the fixation resumes in the same spot (i.e. similar to merging fixations in analytical applications).

I hope this answers your question!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.