Home Forums Software Development Tobii Eye Tracker 5 SDK

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Schaefer
    Participant

Does the new eye tracker also come with a new SDK? Or will the Stream Engine SDK still work? Which SDK is recommended for a Windows 10 desktop app?

Grant [Tobii]
    Keymaster

Hi @chrisschaefer and thanks for your query. Yes, the Stream Engine API will support the new Tobii Eye Tracker 5 SDK but for interaction applications on Windows 10 we recommend the Interaction API which will also be fully supporting the new hardware.

Please let us know of any further queries. Best Wishes.

Fabrizio
    Participant

Hello,

is it supported also on MacOS and Linux? Or the new Tobii Eye Tracker 5 works on windows API (Stream Engine or Interaction Library)?

Thanks

Grant [Tobii]
    Keymaster

Hi @f-riente, I am afraid the Tobii Eye Tracker 5 is designed to operate on Microsoft Windows only and does support both the Stream Engine and Interaction Library API.

Please let us know if we can provide any additional information. Best Wishes.

Fabrizio
    Participant

Hi,
    therefore it would be possibile to get both the Linux and MacOS interaction library?

Thanks

Fabrizio
    Participant

Hi,

I’m sorry for the previous reply.

1) From the developer zone documentation it is written that both the interaction and the Stream Engine are cross platform.
    Am right?

2) Which are the eye trackers that have a cross platform support for interaction library?
    3) How to get the libraries for the other platforms?

Thanks

Grant [Tobii]
    Keymaster

Hi @f-riente, I am afraid that for the Tobii 4C and ET5 eye trackers in both the Stream Engine and Interaction Library only Microsoft Windows is currently supported.

If you want to develop a product integrating Tobii Eye Tracking we have other solutions such as the Tobii Eye Tracker 4L, and integration platforms that also support Linux and MacOS. If you are interested in integrating eye tracking in your product please Contact Tobii @ https://tech.tobii.com/contact/

Fabrizio
    Participant

Hi,
    I have already tried to contact tobii through the online SDK form on tobii pro but I didn’t get any answer.
    Should I try again with this form?

Thanks.

Grant [Tobii]
    Keymaster

Hi Fabrizio, apologies for the delay, please PM your details and I will follow up for you. Thanks for your patience and understanding.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.