[Solved] Gaze position seems to be offset

Home Forums Software Development [Solved] Gaze position seems to be offset

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Michael Lankes
    Participant

Hi!

I am developing a game prototype in unity3d (Version 5) that combines gaze-based interaction with augmented reality on a Microsoft surface (selecting elements via gaze).

On a standard windows desktop pc the gaze detection and the game itself work very well (I am using the gaze aware component and the a gaze visualizer in the form of a red rectangle), but when I test exact same scene on a surface pro 3 nothing works as the detected gaze position seems to be offset in comparison to the actual position where the players are looking (at least 200 pixels in x and y). Have you encountered this issue before and do you have a solution?

Thanks!

all the best,

Michael

Michael Lankes
    Participant

One thing I forgot to mention: the issue only arises in unity3D on the surface pro 3 – when I test the gaze detection within the Tobii EyeX application (User profile/test eye Tracking) the gaze detection works fine

Michael Lankes
    Participant

I have found a solution 🙂 : simply deactivate “Disable display scaling on high DPI setting” by right-clicking the Unity.exe (Properties/Compatibility) … and the offset is gone

ritikajain
    Participant

What all parameters(other than accuracy and precision) are there,that I can measure from the gaze data,fixation data and eye position of Tobii X eye tracker?
    Thanks !
    Ritika

tiblop
    Participant

checking ‘Disable display scaling on high DPI settings’ in unity solved the problem

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.