Home Forums Feature Requests Help. Want to click only by gaze

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Daniel
    Participant

Hello. im not a developer. i bought the eye x controller developer kit because my father has als and he uses a software called Mind Express from Jabbla. im having a couple of problems but i dont know if im posting in the right section. I want to know if its posible to click things on the desktop, or buttons on a software like the one my father uses to comunicate, but with out having to press a “hot key” like right ctrl or something. Just by gaze.

Other problem im having is that the eye x when it magnifies an area in order to acurately select and click, it allways double clicks. this is an issue for me. how can i fix this ?

if any body could point me in the right directio ill be thankfull. im a comouter thechnician and im just tryng to help my father.

thanks

Anders
    Participant

Hi Daniel,
    I’m sorry but this is a forum for developers and the EyeX really isn’t intended for people with disabilities. Instead I’d recommend that you check out what Tobii Dynavox has to offer, this is what a colleague from TD said:

We think the best solution for your father is our package with an eye tracker and a full eye controlled windows access software, the PCEye. With this package you can completely replace a mouse and a keyboard with your eyes (video).

If your father only want to be able to click we are about to launch another product package during next week. Check out this link end of next week. With that product you can only perform mouse left clicks.

Daniel
    Participant

Its too expensive for us right now. I found a software that a developer shared on a nother forum that does the left, right and double click on dwell. this solved my problem. plus i changed to DynaVox Compass app and works great. thanks anyway

diya
    Participant

@Daniel, I am struggling to use tobii eyeX and perform clicking on web links, I would be thankful if you share that software you found to click by dwell.

Grant [Tobii]
    Keymaster

Hi @diyaaa, thanks for your query. Are you aware that Windows 10 now comes with a built in support for control via eye tracking with a Tobii eye tracker?

Assuming you have either a 4C or EyeX, then you should be able to get up and running within a few minutes!

Here’s the link for instructions @ https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4043921/windows-10-get-started-eye-control

Check it out and please let us know how you get on 🙂 Best Wishes

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.