Home Forums Eye Tracking Devices Moved: Request for CAD drawings

Tagged: ,

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Elias
    Participant

I would be very positive to get hands on CAD files of the REX as well as the EyeX sensor. I have a 3D printer and it would be easy peasy to develop custom holing systems.

Daniel Delgado
    Participant

That’s exactly what I thought! I hope Tobii can deliver to us at least some STEP files of the outer box of their products.

Anders
    Participant

Sorry for the interruption, I moved these replies to a separate topic because it didn’t have much to do with buying magnetic plates.

Elias
    Participant

Thanks for splitting the topic. Are there any news on this matter? I might consider 3D scanning the device and therefore a short comment, if a surface model can be expected would be very nice.

Daniel Delgado
    Participant

Any news?

Daniel Delgado
    Participant

Guys?

Robert [Tobii]
    Participant

Sorry for the delay. We have been discussing this topic internally and there are many pros and cons with each alternative. The current approach is that we do not want to share the CAD files with the software development community right now, as we do not want to encourage people to experiment too much with changing the position and angle of the eye trackers.

Rationale: Since Tobii eye trackers use a 3D model of the eye position and gaze direction, there needs to be a 3D model of the display position and angle of the screen in relation to the eye tracker to be able to get 2D coordinates mapped to the screen plane. It is technically possible to use the eye tracker in any position and angle (as long as it is facing the user) and do your own custom display configuration, but it require very careful measurements of 3D orientation and angles between the display and the eye tracker. Tobii has a long experience working with the academic community, and even the most structured scientists have problems in setting up the eye tracker accurately enough. We do not want people to be disappointed at the eye tracking performance just because the display configuration is not accurate.

If you use the standard mounts provided in the development kits, we guarantee that the unit has gone through a careful factory calibration during the production stage, and that the EyeX Engine supports this configuration. All future consumer products based on Tobii eye tracking, such as the Steel Series peripheral and other upcoming consumer integrations, will be supported by EyeX Engine out-of-the-box.

If you work at a hardware company who is serious about integrating an eye tracker in your own device, please contact our OEM integration guys to get to know more about hardware integration.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.