[Solved] Tobii EyeX Core and SDK compatibility 64 bit

Home Forums Software Development [Solved] Tobii EyeX Core and SDK compatibility 64 bit

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    vwgx3
    Participant

Hello,
    i checked but obviously no one asked this question explicitely before:
    Are there any complications known which result from running the Tobii software stack on top of Windows 7 64bit? I just got aware that the core software still seems to be 32Bit, and wonder if Windows 7 32bit would be the safer option.
    Best

Grant [Tobii]
    Keymaster

Hi @vwgx3, we do recommend that you run Windows 10 to run our software which is natively 64bit and this has not presented any issue.

Accordingly, I can recommend that you should be able to use Windows 7 64bit with the Tobii EyeX Software stack without any major issues. Please let us know if you hit any snags.

vwgx3
    Participant

Hi Grant,

thank you again for your quick help 😉
    I am still on Windows 7 (and hoping for a LINUX version in the future ;-)), because licensing on Windows 10 is not flexible enough. As long as it supports my target applications…
    Just out of curiosity: am i mislead by “x86” to be an indicator that the current Tobii software stack is 32Bit? Is this in regards to compatibility aspects, or are there other technical reasons?

Best

Grant [Tobii]
    Keymaster

Hi @vwgx3, whilst the installer is indeed 32bit, it will work on 64bit platforms.. we retained the 32 bit for compatibility aspects as you had alluded to.

vwgx3
    Participant

Hi Grant,

thank you for your explanation!
    Then i am on the right track…

Best

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.