Home Forums Legacy SDKs Tobii Gaze SDK with PCEye Go

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Luke
    Participant

Is it possible to use the Tobii Gaze SDK to control the Tobii PCEye Go?

Anders
    Participant

Hi Luke,
    yes, it should be possible, starting from firmware version 1.1.5.

Firmware for the PCEye products can be downloaded from the Tobii Assistive web site. I’m not sure if 1.1.5 is available there yet though. Please contact support if you don’t find it.

David Putrino
    Participant

Firmware version 1.1.5 does not seem to be available anywhere on the site. Is there any way to get access to it? We are trying to run two Tobii PCEyeGo trackers on one machine and the Gaze SDK seems to be the only way to do that. We actually cannot seem to get any of the Gaze SDK examples to work with any of our PCEyeGo trackers.

Robert [Tobii]
    Participant

Hi,

Firmware for PCEyeGo can be found on the PCEye Go support & download page:
    http://www.tobii.com/en/assistive-technology/global/products/hardware/pceye/support-downloads/

New firmware updates are distributed as part of Tobii Gaze Interaction Software updates, so download the latest TGIS and you should be good to go.

David Putrino
    Participant

Still not working.

I followed the link you provided, and downloaded the Tobii Gaze Interaction Software 2.5.2 file (http://www.tobii.com/Global/Assistive/Downloads_Training_Documents/GazeInteractionSoftware/Software/Tobii_Gaze_Interaction_Software_Enterprise_2.5.2.8.msi?epslanguage=en). When I ran it, the installer detected that the version of Tobii Gaze Interaction Software I already have installed was the same as the one I just downloaded. To be sure, I removed my copy of Tobii Gaze Interaction Software and reinstalled it from the downloaded file, but was given any means to upgrade the firmware. The upgrade button in the System Information tab remains greyed out, and the text to the left of it reads Eye tracker firmware version: 1.1.4.

Is there something I need to be doing differently? Is there any way we can just download the 1.1.5 firmware tobiipkg file and install it using fwupgrade32.exe?

Thanks! The contents of my System Information tab is as follows (acquired using the Copy Information button)

Gaze Interaction Software: 2.3.3.739
    Gaze Interaction Settings: 2.5.2.8
    Operating System version: Windows 7 X64, 6.1.7601 ,SP 1
    Eye tracker serial number: PCEGO-010114814393
    Eye tracker firmware version: 1.1.4

Robert [Tobii]
    Participant

Hi David,

Sorry, I gave you the wrong information. The firmware is released, but apparently not bundled with Tobii Gaze Interaction software yet. I’ll send you the firmware via e-mail instead.

Anders
    Participant

Good news: the new firmware is included in the Tobii Gaze Interaction Software version 2.6.0 which was released today! It can be installed from the Settings menu.

Sage
    Participant

I see that version 2.5.2 of the gaze interaction software is on the PC Eye Go website, but how do I get the newest version 2.6.0.8 on a cpu that is not connected to the internet?

Jay Beavers
    Participant

I am attempting to do the same. I have a PC Eye Go installed along with Gaze Interaction Software 2.6.2.7. The same system also has the EyeX SDK 1.0 installed on it and has had an EyeX attached.

When I visit Gaze Interaction Settings -> System Information, Eye tracker firmware version: remains blank and the Upgrade button remains disabled. The PC Eye Go is working with the Gaze Interaction Software and it show up in the Windows Device Manager under Network Adapters.

When I run:
    fwupgrade –auto –info-only
    I get back:
    205 No eye tracker could be found

My goal is to get the PC Eye Go working so I can write software that works with both it and the EyeX.

What should I do for next steps?

Jay Beavers
    Participant

FYI, we found an old tool for the TX300 that reported the firmware version of our PCEyeGo as 1.0.3.

Gal Sont
    Participant

Hi,
    Any updates regarding the PcEyeGo firmware 1.1.5 update?
    It’s nowhere to be found..!?
    the Update Notifier doesn’t update and the Gaze Interaction Settings firmware update button is grayed out and disabled.
    Can you please provide a direct link for the update ?
    Thank you .

Gaze Interaction Software: 2.4.2.783
    Gaze Interaction Settings: 2.6.2.7
    Operating System version: Windows 8 X64, 6.2.9200
    Eye tracker serial number: PCEGO-010103938874
    Eye tracker firmware version:

Robert [Tobii]
    Participant

We have asked support for some manual firmware upgrade steps. Hope to share more information next year.

Gal Sont
    Participant

thanks!

Jay Beavers
    Participant

Magnificent. Looking forward to the information!

Jay Beavers
    Participant

2014 is going to be an amazing year for Eye Trackers, I just know it!

And to start that off, bumping this thread about updated firmware for the PC Eye Go back into consciousness 🙂

– jcb

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.