Home Forums Eye Tracking Devices Windows Insider Preview enters a crash loop when eyes are recognized

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    twentythree
    Participant

Since a Windows update a few days ago, whenever my eyetracker spots my eyes, my displays blank and the graphics driver apparently enters a crash loop (Windows message: “Display driver failed to start”), forcing me to reboot if I don’t hide my eyes quickly enough.
    I’ve tried (unsuccessfully):

• updating and reinstalling Tobii Eyetracking Core (by the way, the update times out, had to do download the newest version manually)
    • disabling all Tobii features
    • using a new profile
    • changing my display setup (1-3 screens)
    • changing graphics cards (one NVidia, one AMD)
    • reinstalling my graphics driver

The only things that help are hiding my eyes and/or turning off the eyetracker. I can’t use my 4C until this is fixed.

Since this is the Windows Insider Preview, this seems more like a Windows bug to me, but you’re probably in the best position to track it down.

Version info copied from the Tobii settings:

Hardware: GA-H81M-D2V, CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4790 CPU @ 3.60GHz, RAM: 8GB
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.17074.0] x64
    Tobii Eye Tracking Core SW 2.11.1.6952
    Eye tracker model IS4 Large Peripheral
    Serial number IS404-100106843311
    Firmware 2.20.2-e1a36f8
    Tobii Controller Core Not available
    Tobii USB Service Not available
    Tobii Controller Driver 2.0.4
    Tobii Service 1.22.1.7245
    Tobii Engine 1.22.1.8522
    Tobii Config 4.8.1.1103
    Tobii Interaction 2.11.1.4894
    Tobii Face Authentication for Windows Hello 1.0.21.207
    Tobii Eye Tracker HID 1.5.604.0
    Tobii Device 1.5.604.0
    Tobii Overview 1.0.2.104
    Tobii Intro 1.0.3.173
    Grant [Tobii]
    Keymaster

Hi @twentythree, Sorry to hear about your issues. I will pass along your situation to the developers and we will try to recreate the problem and resolve promptly. Thank you for you patience.

Grant [Tobii]
    Keymaster

Please also bear in mind we do not support Insider Preview so until the issue is resolved or appears in a forthcoming regular windows release, you may have to roll back to continue using the 4C.

twentythree
    Participant

This has stopped happening with build 17083.

Grant [Tobii]
    Keymaster

Hi @twentythree, thanks for letting us know.. I will update the incident report accordingly.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.