Home › Forums › Software Development › Add Libraries to work with .NET › Reply To: Add Libraries to work with .NET
Hi again Dwayne,
I was able to easily reproduce the problem on my machine when I downloaded the EyeX SDK for .NET and then created a new WPF application in Visual Studio 2013.
The security settings fix proposed by Robert above did not solve the issue for me. But I did manage to find out what the problem was: the dll’s became blocked by the Windows 8 operating system since they were downloaded from the internet.
Before going into how to resolve the issue, I suggest one change to how you are referencing the dll’s. Instead of referencing the Tobii.EyeX.Client.Net20.dll from the EyeXFramework\bin\x86\Debug folder, which could be considered a temporary output folder, I suggest you copy the .Net20 dll to the lib\x86 folder, next to the othe client dll, where you can be sure it stays. Also, for the Tobii.EyeX.Client.dll make sure to change its properties so that “Copy to Output Directory” is set to “Copy if newer”. This way, your project will be set up so that you can easily replace the two Tobii EyeX Client dll’s with newer versions in a single location, and have the project reference the correct versions.
Now, how to solve the .Net20 dll not found issue:
– Open File Explorer and locate the dll files that you are referencing in your project (..\lib\x86)
– For each file: Right click the file name, and open “Properties”,
– On the bottom of the “General” tab you will find a button “Unblock”,
– Click this button to unblock the file
– In VS 2013, rebuild the whole solution,
– And the error message should be gone