Home Forums Software Development [Solved] "Device Configuration" flag Reply To: [Solved] "Device Configuration" flag

Grant [Tobii]
Keymaster

Hi @tzaccai, okay thanks for the clarification. So that I understand, the idea is that should one connect an eye tracker to a system for which a calibration and setup has not been yet launched, we want to know if this is the case or not.

For example, if a tracker is taken from one system and plugged into another..can the SDK somehow detect that the connected eye tracker is not yet configured?

Unfortunately, within the Tobii Core SDK Interaction API, calibration and monitor setup is done via the Tobii Tobii Eye Tracking Core Software so the SDK itself will not be able to distinguish if an eye tracker has been configured on a per system basis.

I will double check with developers, but I don’t think there is a simple way to fulfill your requirements unfortunately. You might consider always launching a calibration upon your program startup, which should at least tell you if the screen is configured or not. In the meantime, I will try and find out if this is indeed possible.