Home › Forums › Eye Tracking Devices › Alternate mounting option for EyeX
- This topic has 2 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 5 years, 8 months ago by Alex [Tobii].
- 03/07/2017 at 10:24 #7116Vincent NguyenParticipant
I would like to know of potential alternate mounting option for the EyeX, and for the following reasons:
– I currently use a 27″ monitor, and I like to operate at a rather long distance from the display, which makes this incompatible in terms of range with the EyeX
– The monitor is an Acer Predator, so it has a protruding Predator logo, which makes it difficult to use the magnetic mounting plate
– I already used the mounting plate on my two other monitors…
Hence my questions:
– Is it possible to mount the EyeX on a tripod ?
– There is a tripod for the Eye Pro, is it compatible with the EyeX (and if so… where in the world can I buy one in France) (see link here https://www.tobiipro.com/product-listing/tripod-stand/ )
– There are magnetic plates available at Dynavox ( https://www.tobiidynavox.com/en-GB/accessories/mounts/magnetic-mounting-plates-pceye-plus-mini/ ), but it seems to be for the PCEye, are they identical to the EyeX ?
Thanks !03/07/2017 at 19:31 #7118Grant [Tobii]Keymaster
I am afraid that the EyeX does not support mounting on anything other than the standard magnetic monitor mounts. As you pointed out, the Tobii Pro range of trackers does indeed allow this type of configuration but is not compatible with the EyeX (or C4).
That being said, a number of users have had some success in alternates mode of mounting to accommodate larger (or curved) screen.
A good thread is here @ http://developer.tobii.com/community/forums/topic/ultrawide-monitors/
Perhaps the user technique can be adapted for your needs.
Regarding the magnetic plates, yes they should work with the EyeX as well.03/07/2017 at 20:14 #7119Alex [Tobii]Participant
I believe you can also get extra magnetic plates for free if you contact Tobii Support:
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.