Home Forums Game Integration any eyex controller map for arma 3 and dayz

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Steve
    Participant

hi I’m disabled and can’t use my arms. I’ve been trying to get eyex to work in arma3 but can’t seem to get it right. So I was wondering if anybody can share their setup or is there any control maps that I could use? Not sure if this is the right forum for this request and sorry if it isn’t
    thanks

Grant [Tobii]
    Keymaster

Hi @steveayr,

Sorry to hear about your issues.. perhaps you could describe in more detail what kind of issues you are facing and I will see how we can help.

Steve
    Participant

so today I spent six hours playing around with the settings and still couldn’t get eyex to work in game then my son came in and went Bosh Bosh and it was working. The only problem I have now is when I look up down left and right the camera moves really really slowly I have turned the sensitivity right up but still really slow

Grant [Tobii]
    Keymaster

Hi @steveayr,

Is the speed issue still present when the game is launched from the Tobii Infinite Screen Extension rather
    than directly from the Start menu?

Steve
    Participant

I usuall load arma 3 from steam. Just had a look in infinite screen but can’t see where to launch the game?
    Thanks for any input

Grant [Tobii]
    Keymaster

Hi @steveayr, the Arma3 Game should be listed in the Infinite Screen Extension if the game has been installed via Steam.. please ensure you have the very latest version running which you can check @ http://www.tobii.com/xperience/support/downloads/

Steve
    Participant

I have the latest version of infinnite extension and arma 3 is there with options but can’t see where to launch it from

Grant [Tobii]
    Keymaster

Hi @steveayr, I appreciate these steps might be quite a hassle for you to implement, however there are a few
    things you can try in order to get Arma3 to launch from Infinite Screen Extension as explained in the following
    previous forum thread:

Infinite screen extension not finding arma 3 config file

where the main instructions were resolved by replacing the “FreeTrackClient.dll” (most likely located under “C:\Program Files (x86)\Tobii\Tobii InfiniteScreen”) with:
    http://files.update.tech.tobii.com/InfiniteScreen/freetrackclient.dll

Step by step instructions:
    1. Exit “Infinite Screen Extension” (right click on the systray icon and select “Quit”).
    1. Open windows explorer (Win+E).
    2. Navigate to the Tobii Infinite Screen installation folder (e.g. “C:\Program Files (x86)\Tobii\Tobii InfiniteScreen”).
    3. Rename the FreeTrackClient.dll (e.g. to FreeTrackClient.dll.org).
    4. Download the new dll from http://files.update.tech.tobii.com/InfiniteScreen/freetrackclient.dll.
    5. Move the downloaded file to the Tobii Infinite Screen installation folder (e.g. “C:\Program Files (x86)\Tobii\Tobii InfiniteScreen”).
    6. Start “Infinite Screen Extension”.
    7. Run game.

NOTE: Please make sure that you do not have any other FreeTrack-applications (such as FaceTrackNoIR, OpenTrack etc) running at the same time.

However, check out the full thread should this step not work.

Steve
    Participant

where it say download the new dll file from .
    but it’s not a download it’s just text

Grant [Tobii]
    Keymaster

Hi @steveayr, to locate teh A

I wonder did you try to click the ‘browse’ button within Arma3 on ISE?

After that, the game should be detected. Thereafter try to disable eye tracking within Arma3 Settings (and enable freetrack)

If you launch the game again directly from ISE with these new settings, is the problem still occuring?

Steve
    Participant

arma 3 is detected in ise but there is no option to launch the game.
    So I tried disabling eye tracking within arma 3 but couldn’t enable free track has its not there.
    I might send it back as I have had it for a few weeks now and still not been able to use it properly

Grant [Tobii]
    Keymaster

Hi @steveayr, freetrack is 3rd party software however I investigated for you and saw a number of Arma3 users were having issues with it.

You could try FaceTrackNoir which support both Arma3 and Tobii EyeX Tracker.

Of course, you will need to disable ‘eye tracking’ within Arma3 first then run this software.

Christian
    Participant

Hi,

Did @steveayr get this working with FreeTrackNoir?

Thx

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.