Home Forums Eye Tracking Devices Best method for calibration

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Scott Anderson
    Participant

On the 4C what is the best method for calibration. When the dots appear should you turn your head to look straight at the dots or keep your head steady forward facing where the first appeared and just turn your eyes only to look at the two sets of three dots?

For some reason after I calibrate when i look at the center circle my view dot is always higher than center circle in the test. Maybe this is a byproduct of using a 1800 curved monitor or possible because of a 32 inch 16:9 screen as I know that is not officially supported. The third item that could be throwing it off is that because of the curved screen I had to improvise a mount so it is mounted about 4cm below the bottom bezel of the monitor.

Overall it works pretty well I just can never seem to get the center dot to be perfectly centered, its always about half in half or sometimes just the bottom of the eye circle touches the center test circle.

Thanks in advance for any friendly advise.

Grant [Tobii]
    Keymaster

Hi @sgmrock, thanks for your query. Although it should not make a great deal of difference, ideally you would keep your head straight and move the eyes however judging by the setup you described, it seems most likely the problem is that you are mounted offset from that which the tracker is designed to operate with.

As you mentioned, the curved screen setup is not officially supported, but have tried using the ‘improve calibration’ setup from within the Tobii System Tray Icon? This might help improve problematic areas as much as possible with your current configuration.

It could also be worth checking if there are any strong sources of IR light (spotlights, open windows) that may lie close or in front of the eye tracker.
    Hopefully some of this advice will prove helpful for improving your eye tracking experience!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.