Home Forums Software Development Calling Tobii 5 calibration programatically

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Sai Prasad
    Participant

We want to calibrate Tobii 5 programatically from our assistive application (.NET C#). With the 4C, we would launch Tobii.EyeX.Configuration.exe under C:\Program Files (x86)\Tobii\Tobii EyeX Config with the command line argument “–quick-calibration. This no longer works with Tobii 5. Nothing happens when we launch the EXE. The .NET SDK that we used for the 4C also works with the 5, so that’s great news. But calibration doesn’t work.
    How do we calibrate Tobii 5 programatically?

Grant [Tobii]
    Keymaster

Hi @sprasad1, thanks for your query. The syntax to call a quick calibration has now been changed. You can load this via the following command

"c:\Program Files (x86)\Tobii\Tobii Configuration\Tobii.Configuration.exe" -Q

Hopefully is what you were looking for! Please do let us know if you have any further questions. Best Wishes.

Sai Prasad
    Participant

There seems to be a problem with this. With Tobii 5 plugged in, I ran Tobii.configuration.exe -Q and it correctly launched the calibration app with the three dots. After it completed, I tried to run it again. It returned immediately without doing anything. Repeated attempts at running the app resulted in the same behavior. The calibration window with the three dots would not show and the app would just exit. I couldn’t find this in the Windows Task Manager either.
    With the previous version (the Tobii 4c version) we could run the app at will any number of times and it would always work.
    What am I missing?

Sai Prasad
    Participant

I have an update.
    After it calibrates, Tobii.Configuration.exe does not exit. I used Process Explorer and found it was still running. That’s why I was not able to run it again. I had to kill it manually and then I was able to run it again.
    So why does Tobii.Configuration.exe not exit after it completes calibration?

Grant [Tobii]
    Keymaster

Hi @sprasad1, I have been trying to reproduce the issue but for me each time the Tobii.configuration.exe closes in processes (even if the calibration fails) .. are you running the command from the command prompt or the start -> run command?

Perhaps try running from an administrator shell to see if it makes any difference…

Hongbin Zou
    Participant

I can confirm there are times that Tobii.configuration.exe does not quit after calibration.
    To solve this I just find and kill every Tobii.configuration.exe before running Tobii.configuration.exe -Q.

Sai Prasad
    Participant

Thanks for your input Hongbin. That’s exactly what I was planning to do.

Grant [Tobii]
    Keymaster

Thanks for your patience guys, we are trying to reproduce this issue with the intention of resolving this potential bug for a future release.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.