Home Forums Software Development Can I apply for Tobii Gaze SDK?

Tagged: ,

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    haifeng su
    Participant

Hi, I am about to purchase Eyex and have couple of simple questions regarding the SDK.

Basically I want to include the calibrate settings within my software, so it can support other languages and works better with my software.

Is Tobii Gaze SDK the right option for me or the EyeX SDK will support it anyway?

If Tobii Gaze SDK is the right option for me, can I apply it as individual developer ?

Please advise.

Regards.

Jenny [Tobii]
    Participant

Hi Haifeng,

When you install an EyeX eye tracker (EyeX Controller or Steelseries Sentry) the bundle with the device driver also installs a software called the EyeX Engine. By default this will then always run on the computer where the eye tracker was installed. The EyeX Engine will automatically take care of screen setup and calibration, and currently these configuration applications are only available in English.

If you are writing an application that is to be used with an EyeX eye tracker, your users will have EyeX Engine running on their computers, and have calibration handled by the EyeX Engine.

So, no matter if you select the EyeX SDK or the Gaze SDK, your users will have the calibration handled by the EyeX Engine.

It is possible to implement your own calibration application using the Gaze SDK. There are some samples in the SDK package how to do this. But even if you run your own calibration application, there are occasions where the EyeX Engine would overwrite the calibration your application did with the latest saved calibration profile in the EyeX Settings. The EyeX Engine loads the calibration profile when the user logs in to Windows, and whenever there is a system event that invalidates the current profile. This does not happen very often, but we do not have a specified list of when this will or will not happen.

For the second question: yes, you can apply for the Tobii Gaze SDK as an individual developer.

Rakesh
    Participant

Hello,

I’m planning to buy the EyeX tracker but I have few a questions.

Is it possible to use the EyeX tracker on a ARM based Linux/Android platform. Can the Tobii Gaze SDK or Tobii EyeX SDK be cross compiled for an ARM platform?

Grant [Tobii]
    Keymaster

Hi Rakesh, I am sorry to say that for the time being, the current SDK we offer does not support development on Android/ARM platform. However, we at Tobii are constantly developing new strategies and will look at this option again in the future. Apologies for the unfortunate news :/

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.