Home Forums Software Development Checking gaze position

Tagged: 

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Manuel
    Participant

Is there any way to check or consult (in anytime) the gaze position through code? In SDK .NET
    I cannot see this in Developer’s documentation.

Thanks in advance.

Robert [Tobii]
    Participant

Hi Manuel,

There are a number of code samples available within the EyeX SDK for .NET package, that you can use by opening the \source\EyeXDotNet.sln file in Visual Studio (2012+). I’m not sure I understood what you want to achieve, but the MinimalGazeDataStream code sample should be a good starting point.

Manuel
    Participant

I am trying to create a visible “focus” to show the place that is being seen by the user. So, I think about get gaze-coordinate for doing this.

Have you got any idea o better solution to reach this?

Thanks in advance.

Robert [Tobii]
    Participant

Ok, I see. Then it sounds reasonable to look at the MinimalGazeDataStream code sample, but instead of just showing the X and Y coordinates in the console you can move around some sort of semi-transparent window based on these coordinates. You probably would want to do some sort of filtering on the signal to make it smoother. Also, beware of the “mouse chase” effect: When you have a visual element moving close to where you look, the eye’s natural behavior is to follow the moving target. If you make your “focus” indicator large and discrete, it should be ok.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.