Home Forums Software Development Develop an application using Tobii eyetracker 5

Tagged: 

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Jordi Espada
    Participant

Hi Tobii team,

I have bought the new Tobii Eyetracker 5 and I would like to know how to start to develop an application (on C/C++/C#) using only gaze position as well as I used to use on Tobii Consumer Stream Engine API. I have seen these link but I’m not sure whether it’s involved on develop or not.

Tobii IS5 Evaluation Kit

Another question … IS5 it enables analytic data (i.e pupil data, 3d eyes positions,etc) like Tobii 4C/ Tobii 4L if you buy a license ?

Thanks,

Grant [Tobii]
    Keymaster

Hi @jespa007, thanks for your query and glad to know you are interested in developing with the Eye Tracker 5 🙂

You will be pleased to know that we produced a tutorial providing detail in getting up and running with the Stream Engine API which you can view @

Getting Started

With regard to analytical data, if your intention is to develop a project that stores gaze data for research or analysis, then you are legally obligated to purchase a special licence from Tobii for this purpose.

You can read more about this @ https://developer.tobii.com/license-agreement/

Once acquired, you should be able to use the Tobii Pro SDK which exposes further metrics such as pupil data, 3D eye position, etc.

Please do let us know if we can provide any further information. Best Wishes.

Jordi Espada
    Participant

Thanks for your quick response @Grant [Tobii]

So as I understood I can still continue using Tobii Pro SDK like 4C/4L, and 5C is not just for gaming, optionally it can give analytic data as well as 4C/4L if I purchase a license.

Glad to known it 🙂

Thanks again and have a good day.

Jordi Espada
    Participant

Another quick question,

I’m currently using Tobii Pro SDK 1.1.0.21. I have to update the last Tobii Pro SDK version (i.e Tobii Pro SDK 1.8) to use Eyetracker 5C ?

Grant [Tobii]
    Keymaster

Hi @jespa007, thanks for your patience whilst I investigated the option to use the Tobii Pro SDK in conjunction with the Tobii ET5.

Unfortunately, Tobii Pro are not supporting the use of this tracker with their Pro SDK so whilst you can continue to develop using the 4C (With the unlock licence) this does not extend to our new ET5 which is designed for gaming and interaction purposes only.

Our apologies for any inconvenience this has caused you. Please do let us know if we can provide any further information. Best Wishes.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.