Home › Forums › Software Development › Disable Tobii 4c update.
Tagged: Disable tobii update
- This topic has 1 reply, 2 voices, and was last updated 4 years, 2 months ago by Grant [Tobii].
- 31/12/2018 at 16:22 #9194David DahanParticipant
1. Is there a way to disable Tobii 4c updates (software and firmware).
2. I wish to work only with “Tobii service” to keep my performance high. can I remove all other Tobii background executes like, “Tobii.EyeX.Interaction.Settings.UI.exe”, “Tobii.EyeX.Tray.exe”, “Tobii.EyeX.Interaction” in a way that it will not harm the function of Tobii service.
David02/01/2019 at 12:50 #9200Grant [Tobii]Keymaster
Hi @dudi and thanks for your query.
The updates for software and firmware are not forcibly applied but there is no option to prevent the software checking for new versions. Indeed, we would strongly recommend allowing at least firmware updates for your device as they can contain important performance enhancements.
When the Tobii Service is loaded, this in turn loads the other executables you mentioned (Except Tobii.EyeX.Interaction.Settings.UI.exe) which are a requirement for correct operation of the tracker and are in fact part of the Tobii Service itself so not something that can be disabled separately.
Apologies for the disappointing news, but hopefully you should not notice much impact on system performance as a result. Please let us know if we can provide any further assistance.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.