Eye Tracker and Infinite Screen with Elite Dangerous

Home Forums Game Integration Eye Tracker and Infinite Screen with Elite Dangerous

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Sillus
    Participant

Hello,

so I recently bought Steelseries Sentry Aka Eye Tracker…

I need help with setting it up to work with Elite Dangerous, I’ve seen several people using it and I downloaded Infinite Screen from your website. Even though the the game is in Infinite Screen, I have no idea how to make it work. At first I though you’d just start the game while having the Infinite Screen on but I thought that it wouldn’t be that easy and it’s not. Infinite Screen installed virtual joystick along with it and I guess you need to set it up somehow with the eye tracker for it to work in Elite Dangerous for free look.

Is there anyone here who has it working or anyone that could help me set it up?

Thank you

Marc Pleijsier
    Participant

Hi there, yes I have had it working until today when I changed to Win 10 (but thats another problem for another thread).

When you have the Tobiieyex set up and working on your desktop you just open infinite screen and make sure its on the ED tab (just to be sure).

Vjoy should be working in the background you shouldnt have to do anything with it.

In ED go to options and to your headlook settings.
    Click on headlook X acces and gaze in the X direction.
    Repeat for Y.
    It should be working now in game (you might need to change the invert here and there afterwards).

I played it many times with it to my full enjoyment you can see clips on it on youtube and Twitch just look for Pleijpje.

Kind regards,

CMDR Bonkil Oakenbow (ambassador).

Steve Hamilton
    Participant

Did you manage to sort this out? I have just been through the setting up if you would like me to paste in my ED options settings to help.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Bought the tobiieyex and the “look up” in setting does not work. It will stay on the bind prompt. When I load up the game a popup in infinite screen extensions says elite dangerous configurations could not be found as well. The three red lights on the eyex is on.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    peter pankras
    Participant

I cannot get it to work in Elite. It works fine in IL-2 and DCS.

Do I have to setup something else? It detects the eyeX in the control setup.
    But it goes all wonkey in elite.

Erick Smith
    Participant

I am also having no luck with E:D compatibility. In my case, it seems that the Infinite Screen software is failing at the VJoy level because I see no activity on the VJoy device created by the Infinite Screen software.

I’ve included more detail in the other thread on this.

These issues should be resolved with version 1.0.2.

Maurice Scorey
    Participant

Having major issue with EyeX
    I can not get it to work in Elite Dangerous despite trying the above suggestions.

Also I am not able to get an accurate calibration, the gaze tracker is extremely erratic and cannot accurately track my eyes or even register the presence of my eyes most of the time.

Very dissapointed, after watching several videos of the tracker in action in Elite and seeing how much better it is than other head tracking devices.

Maurice Scorey
    Participant

The latest update appears to have fixed the vjoy issue for me and is now working within Elite Dangerous. Many Thanks.

My Calibration issues are almost certainly due to the fact I am using a Samsung
    40″ smart Tv for my monitor which as I understand from reading other forum posts
    that the EyeX is only designed to work with a 27″ monitor max?.

Downgrading my tv to a smaller monitor is obviously not an option, so i’m gonna see if I can borrow a smaller screen from somewhere in order to get a more accurate calibration, and then see how well that scales / works in Elite with my Samsung.

Hopefully as you continue to develop the technology it will be possible to work with larger screens. I shall be watching with great interest.

Thanks

Scott Moon
    Participant

I don’t have those options in my ED options. Which Headlook are you referring to?

Marcin
    Participant

Here is what I have done in order to make Tobii working with ELite Dangerous Horizons:

Go to %HOMEPATH%\AppData\Local\Frontier Developments\Elite Dangerous\Options\Bindings

for example: C:\Users\cmdr_speedy\AppData\Local\Frontier Developments\Elite Dangerous\Options\Bindings

rename Custom.1.8 to Custom.0.8

That’s it!

Cheers!!
    eMarcel

Here is what I have done in order to make Tobii working with ELite Dangerous Horizons:

Go to %HOMEPATH%\AppData\Local\Frontier Developments\Elite Dangerous\Options\Bindings

for example: C:\Users\cmdr_speedy\AppData\Local\Frontier Developments\Elite Dangerous\Options\Bindings

rename Custom.1.8 to Custom.0.8

FYI:
    This should no longer be necessary as of version 1.0.2.317. ISE now modifies all .binds files located in %LOCALAPPSDATA%\Frontier Developments\Elite Dangerous\Options\Bindings.

Matthias
    Participant

@Henrik: I installed Tobii Eyex last night. All worked smoothly, except that I had issues with exactly the %HOMEPATH%\AppData\Local\Frontier Developments\Elite Dangerous\Options\Bindings thing.
    The Infinite Screen Extension app installs only as admin. However, in my case Elite:Dangerous was installed under a standard user. The Infinite Screen Extension app complained about not finding the ‘Bindings’ folder, which it expected under the admin account. I had to recreate the E:D folder structure under my admin account to solve this issue
    TL;DR: please respect user accounts when installing the ISE app. Don’t force it to install as admin.

Matthias
    Participant

Adding to my previous post: a day later, I broke my installation somehow and can’t get it to work again. I tried 2 hours, but I’m clueless at the moment.
    I’m suspecting that a key driver of this issue is that ISE installs under the Win 7 admin account, but I have E:D installed under a standard user. I’m out of ideas how to fix this.
    At the Tobii team: it would help if you explained the inner workings/relationship between ISE, vjoy and Tobii Eyex hardware more in detail, and why we need to install AND run ISE as admin. Your FAQs are pretty empty when it comes to ISE vjoy issues. I bought the Eyex just for E:D, and would be forced to return it if we can’t fix it. And no, I’m not willing to set up E:D and ALL tools (browser, EDDiscovery etc) under the admin account. Because it is wrong in so many departments.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • The topic ‘Eye Tracker and Infinite Screen with Elite Dangerous’ is closed to new replies.